Rubble masonry

Rubble masonry

Rubble masonry is rough, unhewn building stone set in mortar, but not laid in regular courses. It may appear as the outer surface of a wall or may fill the core of a wall which is faced with unit masonry such as brick or cut stone.

Coursed rubble is wall construction with the stones roughly dressed and set in deep, approximate courses.

Speckled rubble is a rubble wall with small pieces of stone sometimes called snecks filling the irregular spaces between the larger stones.


Search another word or see rubble masonryon Dictionary | Thesaurus |Spanish
Copyright © 2015, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature