The Nightmare Before Christmas: The Pumpkin King is a game for the Game Boy Advance released in autumn 2005.
The events of the game take place before those of the movie, The Nightmare Before Christmas. The story tells of Jack's first encounter with his nemesis, Oogie Boogie, and how he claimed the title of "The Pumpkin King".
This game was released at the same time as The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge.
Oogie Boogie was a character from a town that represented Bug Day. When the holiday was forgotten, it vanished but Oogie escaped. Upon coming to Halloween Town, he decided to claim it as the new Bug Day. He didn't count on one obstacle in his way...Jack Skellington. It's up to Jack to stop Oogie's army of giant bugs with the help of his dog Zero and the citizens of Halloween Town.
- Halloween Madness
- Call the Exterminator
- The Doctor's New Pet
- The Pumpkin Prince
- Attack of the Leeches
- A Deadly Lunch Break
- Mushroom Mania
- The Search for Lock, Shock, and Barrel
- Assistance to the Assistant
- Blah, Blah, Blah
- Goodie Hunt
- Face Lift
- Unpleasant Surprises
- Boogie Time
- Bug Town VS Halloween Town
- Mega-Spider - Lock, Shock, and Barrel's enormous mutated pet spider. Fought in "Halloween Madness"
- Giant Snake - A bug filled snake. Fought in "The Doctor's New Pet"
- Mother Locust - A locust with an abdomen swollen with bug eggs. Fought in "Attack of the Leeches"
- Rolly Polly - A small and somewhat weak rolly poly bug. Fought in "Mushroom Mania"
- Enormous Polly - The father of Rolly Polly and is larger than the original. Fought in "Mushroom Mania"
- Colossal Moth - A huge moth filled with acidic bugs. Fought in "Blah, Blah, Blah"
- Zombie Centipede - A huge centipede brought back from the dead by Oogie Boogie. Fought in "Crawloween"
- Lock, Shock, and Barrel - Fought in "Unpleasant Surprises"
- Oogie Boogie - The main villain. Fought in "Boogie Time"
- Oogie Icky - A colossal ant that emerged from Oogie Boogie's body. Fought in "Bug Town VS Halloween Town"