Amesbury Public Schools At A Glance
| Superintendent of Schools
|| Charles L. Chaurette, Ed.D.
| Assistant Superintendent for Finances and Human Resources
|| G. David Jack
| Director of Curriculum
|| Telena Imel
| Director of Student Services and Special Education
|| Maureen Dart-Szymczak
| Secondary Special Education Coordinator
|| Kathleen Glennon
| Elementary Special Education Coordinator
|| Cynthia Godin
| Facilities Director / Transportation Coordinator
|| Brad Ford
| Attendance Officer
| Cable TV / AV Coordinator
|| Russ Munroe
| Director of Dining Services
|| Andie Simard
| Principal of Amesbury High School
|| Leslie R. Murray
| Principal of Amesbury Middle School
|| Michael F. Curry
| Principal of Amesbury Elementary School
|| Walter Helliesen
| Principal of Charles C. Cashman Elementary School
|| Peter B. Hoyt
| Director of the Amesbury Academy
|| Donna J. Georges
| School types
| Grade levels
| Number of Schools
| Student Population
| School choice
Amesbury Public Schools has, for over 100 years, served students from the town of Amesbury, Massachusetts. Currently the district offers pK-12 education.
Amesbury Public Schools
10 Congress Street
Amesbury, MA 01913
Phone: (978) 388-0507
Fax: (978) 388-8315
Website: Amesbury Public Schools
The Amesbury Public Schools, which comprises the Amesbury High School
, Amesbury Middle School
, Amesbury Elementary School
and Charles C. Cashman Elementary School
as well as the Academy of Strategic Learning
, a Horace Mann Charter School
, has served Amesbury, and, over the course of its history, many other communities educational needs. Amesbury students also have the option of receiving a vocational education at the Whittier Regional Vocational Technical High School
in Haverhill, Massachusetts
. With the recent renovation projects at the middle school and the Cashman School, as well as the current high school renovation project and anticipated work at the elementary school in the near future, Amesbury has some of the newest school buildings in the area.
- Amesbury's longest serving superintendent, Fred C. English, served a total of 25 years and one month, from 1934 to 1960.
- Since the creation of the position in 1902, Amesbury has had 19 superintendents of schools.
- There have been two superintendents who have served longer than 10 years, Fred English, and Stephen J. Gerber, Ed.D., who served 1985 to 2004.
- David R. Gaul, superintendent for just 11 months, served the shortest term.
- In the early 1960s, the idea of a regional school district with Salisbury, Massachusetts gained, and then lost, support.
- District offices, formerly housed in the Ordway Building on School Street, are currently housed in the former Horace Mann Primary School, built in 1908.
- Prior to the 1960s, Amesbury's high school was attended by the near by towns of Seabrook, New Hampshire and South Hampton, New Hampshire among others. Only South Hampton continues this tradition.
- All schools currently in use were built between 1965 and 1975.