A resident is a person that lives on a street residency in a given place.
Resident may also refer to:
- Resident (title), the title of certain colonial and/or diplomatic officials who represented their state with diplomatic status, with low rank in the West, or in a protectorate or colonial entity; a Resident-General was a colonial Resident with control over lesser Residents, or with a particular important commission.
- Resident spy, a spy who operates in a foreign country
- Resident bird, a bird that does not migrate
- Resident (medicine), a stage of postgraduate medical training in North America
- Resident (pharmacy), a stage of postgraduate pharmaceutical training
- The Residents, an avant garde music and visual arts group
- Resident (Magazine), an Austrian music magazine
- Resident (Second Life), a member of the Second Life gaming community
- Resident Commissioner, a commissioner in an overseas possession or protectorate of the British Crown or of the U.S.A.
- Resident Evil, a series of survival horror games, and a few movie titles
- The Resident, a countercultural online video show
The resident of a house or place.