In 1867 the Prussian administration established twenty districts in its province of Schleswig-Holstein, among them the districts of Rendsburg and Eckernförde. The present district was established in 1970 by merging the former districts. Rendsburg was part of Denmark till the Prussian-Danish war. Prussia won and Rendsburg became part of it. In the years following Prussia became part of Germany and Rendsburg also.
The district is situated at the coast of the Baltic Sea, roughly between the cities of Schleswig and Kiel. A large portion of the Kiel Canal passes through Rendsburg-Eckernförde.It is the largest district in whole Germany.
|The coat of arms displays:|
|Independent towns and municipalities|
|1seat of the Amt;2town|
NAZI-ERA PHOTO EXHIBIT SHAKES UP GERMAN TOWN\RENDSBURG SNAPSHOTS SHOW THRONGS WHO WERE SHOUTING 'HEIL HITLER'.(NEWS/ NATIONAL/ INTERNATIONAL)
Jan 14, 1996; Byline: MARTIN BENSLEY DEUTSCHE PRESSE AGENTUR rendsburg, GERMANY -- The man on the other end of the telephone was angry...
Machine-tool builder Peter Wolters G.m.b.H (Rendsburg, Germany) has acquired the Micron precision CNC grinder range currently manufactured in West Springfield, Mass.(Company News in Brief)
Jan 20, 2009; Machine-tool builder Peter Wolters G.m.b.H (rendsburg, Germany) has acquired the Micron precision CNC grinder range...