Asunder ("to cut asunder") is a GTK-based CD-ripping program that works on Linux. It doesn't have dependencies for GNOME Libraries.
The first version was released in January 2005, after that development stopped, and restarted again in the Summer of 2007. Asunder is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, and is thus free software.
- Can save audio tracks as WAV, MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, and WavPack audio files
- Uses CDDB to name and tag each track
- Creates M3U playlists
- Encoding to multiple formats in one session
- Simultaneous rip and encode
- Allows for each track to be by a different artist
- Does not require a specific desktop environment