) is a populated place in Talsu District
on the shore of the Irbe Strait
of the Baltic Sea
One of twelve Livonian villages on the Līvõd rānda
- the Livonian Coast in Courland
Other names: Kosraga, Koshragutsiems, Košraga, Košrags, Košraguciems, Kosraga Ciems, Kosraguciems, Košraga Ciems
Kosrags's farm "Kukini" was mentioned in 1680 chronicles for the first time. By 1770 there were four old farms in Kosrags (Kine Diki, Kukini, Tilmaci and Zoki). Two tenant-farmer habitations existed in 1896, and another seven habitations after 1905.
The houses in the village were built rather densely along the two roads:
- an old littoral road connecting all 16 Livs' fishermen villages at that time;
- the fishermen's road leading from the littoral road - it connected the villages with the working place near the sea.
These roads have preserved their ancient shape till the present day.