is a manga
series written and illustrated by Naoko Moto
. The story is set in Victorian era
. It is about the adventure of a young girl, Bluebell Lily Everrose AKA Bell, who comes to London to seek for a job as a governess
. It is first publish in 1998, in Princess magazine
When Bell comes to London, she hopes for a bright future. But fate plays trick on her. As she is working for an unpleasant family, a dead body is found in her bag and she is arrested. Fortunately, she is rescued by the kind Mr Noel Scott and Lady Ethel, whom she discovers later to be a man. After the incident, she comes across numerous events, which are either hilarious, dramatic and romantic.
Bluebell Lily Everrose :
- Also known as Bell, she is from a rural area of England. Her father was a missionary. After he died, she comes to London to seek for a job as a governess. She is lively, optimistic and romantic. Lady Ethel AKA Argent Gray:
- After a marquis's daughter died, his wife became heartbroken. The marquis tried to cure her heart by finding a child to replace their daughter. He found Argent Gray in East End, trained the young boy as a lady and replaced their daughter with him. With grace and beauty, Argent becomes the society's top lady.
- But he has another facet. Every now and then, he dresses as a man and goes by the name Argent Gray, which is also his nom de plume as a novelist for Noel's magazine. When he is in this mode, he acts as an uncouth man who grew up in a slum. That does not hide his exceptional beauty, however, since he has long, noticable silver hair and a pretty face. Noel Scott :
- He runs a publishing house and a magazine for ladies. He is in love with Bell and tries to propose her. Sir Martin :
- Lady Ethel's brother. He too tries to win the heart of Bell.