The concept of "part" is not easy to define though it is intimately connected to the concept "whole". For the formal study of the parthood relation, see Mereology
Part can also mean:
- Part (music): the music played or sung by an individual instrument or voice
- Role (performing arts), an actor's role
- In engineering, a part is a component used in a higher-level mechanical or electrical assembly, such as an electronic components. Parts required to replace broken parts in existing equipment are called spare parts.
- In fashion, the part or parting of a person's hair is the "watershed" line at which the hair is divided (often with a comb), and forms part of their hairstyle.
- In preparing mixtures, it is customary to specify an undefined amount of a mixture in either parts or percentages.
- In the Hebrew calendar, a part (chelek) is 1/18 of a minute, or 3 1/3 seconds.
- Parts (book): a 1997 children's book by Tedd Arnold