The Worshipful Company of Glaziers and Painters of Glass is one of the Livery Companies of the City of London. The Guild of Glaziers, or makers of Glass, the Company's forerunner, existed as early as 1328. It received a Royal Charter of incorporation in 1638. It is no longer a trade association of glass craftsmen, instead existing, along with a majority of Livery Companies, as a charitable body.
The original Glaziers Hall was burnt down during the Great Fire of London in 1666. The current Hall was acquired and refurbished in 1977. It is located on the south side of London Bridge and has spectacular views over the River Thames towards the City of London.
The Company ranks fifty-third in the order of precedence for Livery Companies. Its motto is Lucem Tuam Da Nobis Deo, Latin for O God, Give Us Your Light.
Publication No. WO/2010/057401 Published on May 27, Assigned to NeoVictory Technology for Low Background Sound Bone Skin Vibration Microphone, Pair of Glass (Chinese Inventors)
May 27, 2010; GENEVA, May 29 -- Shio-Shiin Lee and Chih-Kuang Wu, both of China, have developed a low background sound bone skin vibrating...
Patent Issued for Liquid Crystal Display Apparatus Forming Assembly, Liquid Crystal Cell, and Liquid Crystal Display Apparatus, and Manufacturing Method
Nov 07, 2012; Casio Computer Co., Ltd. (Tokyo, JP) has been issued patent number 8294871, according to news reporting originating out of...