is a neighborhood in the North section of Portland, Oregon
on the east shore of the Willamette River
. It borders University Park
and Arbor Lodge
on the north, Humboldt
on the east, Eliot
on the southeast, and Northwest Industrial
and the Northwest District
across the Willamette on the west.
The Overlook Park Station, the N. Prescott St. Station and the N. Killingsworth Station on the MAX Yellow Line provide light rail service to the neighborhood.
Overlook House (1928) serves as a community center. The Interstate Firehouse Cultural Center, next to Patton Park, features arts education, exhibits and theater.
The neighborhood includes Swan Island, originally an island in the Willamette, but connected to the east bank by landfill in the 1920s. Swan Island was the site of Portland's first airport, Swan Island Airport, dedicated by Charles Lindbergh in 1927 and operating until the early 1940s when the island was converted to naval shipbuilding use for World War II. Swan Island is now an industrial area.
- E. Henry Wemme, a Portland businessman credited with contributing to the development of the neighborhood.