might be relevant in the following fields:
- Overlay Control in semiconductor manufacturing, for monitoring layer-to-layer alignment on multi-layer device structures.
- Video overlay, techniques to display video on computer display.
- Hardware overlay, one type of video overlay that uses memory dedicated to the application.
- Overlay (programming), a technique to reduce the amount of memory used by a program.
- Overlay (operating system), replacing one process by another
- Overlay network, a computer network which is built on top of another network
- With Gentoo Linux, a secondary tree for Portage
- Overlay plan, a method of introducing new area codes in telephony.
- Overlay (systems), recurring themes in a course of study, distinguished by the propensity to cross boundaries (organizational or otherwise) in an effort to gain emergence.
- Overlay (urban planning), a method where a city makes a zoning exception and "overlays" a neighorborhood.