kagerou (蜉蝣) was a Japanese Visual Kei-themed rock band. kagerou formed in September 1999 by vocalist Daisuke, and bassist MASAYA, soon to be joined by guitarist Yuana. After their time on record label Loop Ash, in 2000 kagerou transferred to label Lizard inside of Free-Will. After having gained great popularity among the Japanese Visual Kei audience, they went abroad in 2005; playing in Germany and France.
At the live of September 16, 2006, at Liquid Room Ebisu, they stated their disbandment. Their comment on the 19th on their official site states it took place on January 2007, after a final tour in late October & November. On December 27th, 2006 they released a final greatest hits album entitled shinjuka.
kagerou are a band in the Japanese Visual Kei style, which is characterized by its obscure and androgynous look. Although kagerou used less make-up and wore simplified stage outfits in comparison to most Visual Kei bands, they were still considered a Visual Kei band.
kagerou means "mayfly" in Japanese. Mayflies can be as old as three years. However, when mayflies reach their adulthood, their life span varies from two hours to three days. This short life span relates to kagerou's vocalist Daisuke. Daisuke has suffered from heart related problems since infancy. Each day there is a chance his heart will give up. So like the adult mayfly his life span can be very short.
Daisuke (大佑) – Vocals
– He writes all the lyrics for kagerou. His previous bands include Le'Cheri and Fatima, in which he was the drummer. Daisuke is known for his audience interaction such as stage diving
. He is currently the vocalist of The Studs
Yuana (ユアナ) – guitar – He writes the majority of the band's songs. His past bands include Sweet Hallucination, and Alicia where he was known as "Ewana". He is currently the guitarist of boogieman.
kazu – bass guitar – His past bands are Research in which he was went under the pseudonym "Kazunori", and Aioria under "Kazutake".
Shizûmi (静海) – drums and percussion – His past bands are Mitre Cure and Melusine.
Masaya – bass guitar
– He left in 2000 and joined Kar'Maria. He then retired and left the music industry.
Kuya – bass guitar – Kuya joined Kagerou in January, 2001 and subsequently left in August to join Guiche.
Daisuke, Yuana, and Masaya
- Biological Slicer
- Biyou Seikei Ishi no Shumi (美容整形医師の趣味) (April 21, 2000)
- "Eroa" (エロア)
- "R shitei" (R指定)
- "Saigo no Kensa" (最期の検査)
- "Wrist-cutter" (リストカッター)
Daisuke, Yuana, Masaya, and Shizûmi
Compilation and Distributed
- "0718" (July 18, 2000, distributed CD)
- "Meisou Honnou" (迷走本能) from Japanesque Rock Collectionz (July 28, 2000, compilation CD by Cure Magazine)
- "Mousou Chikashitsu" (妄想地下室) from ''Kakumei ~Voice of Rebirth~ (August 30, 2000)
Daisuke, Yuana, Kuya, and Shizumi
Jikasei Full Course (自家製フルコース) (July 18, 2001)
- "Seitekikinchou Implant" (性的緊張インプラント)
- "Nawa" (縄)
- "Shikkou Yuuyo Sannen" (執行猶予三年)
- "Joumyaku Salad" (静脈サラダ)
- "Urami Koto" (怨み言)
- "Kakusei Jelly" (覚醒ゼリー)
Daisuke, Yuana, kazu, and Shizûmi
kagerou no Jiten (蜉蝣事典 ＜大人の書店＞) (May 4, 2002)
- "Yūgure no Shazai" (夕暮れの謝罪)
- "Exotic na Kansenshou" (エキゾチックな感染症)
- "Soushitsu" (葬失)
Mizu Hitari no Kazoe Uta (水浸りの数え唄) (July 10, 2002)
- "Idol Kurui no Shinrigaku" (アイドル狂いの心裏学)
Hiaburi no Kazoe Uta (火炙りの数え唄) (July 10, 2002)
- "Yubikiri" (ゆびきり)
- "Kikaku Mono" (企画モノ)
- "R Shitei" (R指定)
Sakebi (叫び) (February 28, 2003, distributed at the "Katana Kari Tour")
- "Gozen sanji no taiyou Kōsen" (午前三時の太陽光線)
- "Utsu" (鬱)
- "Wrist-cutter" (リストカッター)
Kakokei Shinjitsu (過去形真実) (May 7, 2003)
- "Sakebi" (叫び)
- "Kichiku Moralism" (鬼畜モラリズム)
XII dizzy (January 28, 2004)
- "Kakokei Shinjitsu" (過去形真実)
- "Sekkyou 38.5℃" (説教38.5℃)
- "Kakokei Shinjitsu (Remix)" (過去形真実)
- "Sekkyou 38.5℃ (Remix)" (説教38.5℃)
Sakurakurakura (サクラクラクラ) (February 10, [[2004, distributed at the "Kaijou Gentei Tour")
- "Xll dizzy"
- "Soine Pesari" (添い寝ペッサリー)
- "Kuchita sekishin" (朽ちた赤心)
Kurokami no AITSU (黒髪のアイツ) (December 8, 2004)
- "Sakurakurakura" (サクラクラクラ)
Shiroi Karasu (白い鴉) (December 8, 2004)
- "Kurokami no AITSU" (黒髪のアイツ)
- "Shibire Kokoro (Live)" (痺れ心)
- "Koi uta (Live)" (恋唄)
- "Masatsu Shinkou (Live)" (摩擦信仰)
Zetsubou ni SAYONARA (絶望にサヨナラ) (March 23, 2005)
- "Shiroi Karasu" (白い鴉)
- "Soine Pesari (Live)" (添い寝ペッサリー)
- "3・2・1 (Live)"
- "XII dizzy (Live)"
Kusatta Umi de Oborekakateiru Boku wo Sukutte Kureta Kimi
- "Zetsubou ni SAYONARA" (絶望にサヨナラ)
- "Watashi." (私。)
- "Ai wa Savage" (愛はサベージ)
(腐った海で溺れかけている僕を救ってくれた君) (November 30, 2005, (Three Versions, A, B, C)
Tonarimachi no Kanojo (となり町の彼女) (June 6, 2006)
- "Kusatta Umi de Oborekakateiru Boku wo Sukutte Kureta Kimi"
- "Hibike, Kono koe." (響け､この声。)
- "Shuuchi no Ori" (羞恥の檻) (Only available in Version A)
- "Yuuyami wo Saita Hana" (夕闇を裂いた花) (Only available in Version B)
- Making of Footage (Only available in Version C)
- "Tonarimachi no Kanojo (となり町の彼女)
- "Seija no Ame" (聖者の雨)
- "Ragan (Remix)" (裸眼)
- "Sabashisa to Nemure (Remix)" (寂しさと眠れ)