is an English male given name and surname. A female given name with identical spelling exists in French
In all cases it is derived from the Roman given name, Laurentius, which can mean either "from Laurentum" or "wreathed/crowned with laurel".
- Laurence Fishburne, Academy Award-nominated American actor
- Laurence Godfrey (archer), athlete from the United Kingdom
- Laurence Godfrey (physics lecturer), regular and controversial contributor to the Usenet newsgroups 'soc.culture.british' and 'soc.culture.canada'
- Laurence Harvey, Lithuanian-born actor
- Laurence McKeown, Provisional Irish Republican Army member
- Laurence Olivier, prolific British stage and screen actor and director
- Laurence Rochat, Swiss cross-country skier who has competed since 1996
- Laurence Tribe, American professor of constitutional law
- Laurence Tureaud, American actor, motivational speaker, wrestler, humanitarian, and bodyguard
- St Laurence O'Toole, or Lorcán Ua Tuathail, Irish Roman Catholic Saint