is most commonly an insulated box used to keep food and drink cool with ice.
The term cooler may also refer to:
Industry and technology
- Evaporative cooler, which is a type of humidifier used in place of an air conditioner
- Heat sink, when related to computers
- Cooler (oil), a kind of heat exchanger or radiator designed to remove excess heat from the lubricating oil of an internal combustion engine
- Cooler, an insulated box for keeping items below ambient temperature
- Cooler Master, a manufacturer of environmental control systems for computers
- Thermoelectric cooling, heat flux generation using the Peltier effect
- Bong cooler, a bong shaped evaporative cooling device
- Laptop cooler, a pad or mat for cooling laptop or notebook computers
- Charge air cooler, an intercooler
- Intercooler, an air-to-air or air-to-liquid heat exchange device
- RFQ Beam Coolers, radio frequency quadrupole cooling
Society elements and institutions
- Cooler, a Bouncer (doorman), a person who deals with disorderly people in a place where people congregate for entertainment.
- Cooler, a Prison
Entertainment and recreation
- Cooler, a hand played from a cold deck in poker, but can also be used when a player with a very strong hand loses to one with an even stronger hand.
- Coola, a fictional character in Dragonball Z movies
- The Cooler, a 2003 drama/romance/comedy film directed by Wayne Kramer
- The leading role in this movie that works for a casino that is considered bad luck who in turn makes other have bad luck when they are near.
- The Cooler (book), a George Markstein spy novel
- Cooler Conditions, an album by Canadian reggae musician Snow
Food and beverage