Songs of a Dead Dreamer
is a 1986
short story collection by horror fiction writer Thomas Ligotti
; DJ Spooky
borrowed the title for his first full-length record
The first edition of Ligotti's book was produced in paperback by Silver Scarab Press, limited to 300 copies. It was re-released in an expanded and revised edition in 1989 by Carroll and Graff. Both editions of the book contain a laudatory introduction by Ramsey Campbell.
Part 1: Dreams for Sleepwalkers
- "The Frolic"
- "Les Fleurs"
- "Alice's Last Adventure"
- "Dream of a Mannikin"
- The Nyctalops Trilogy
- "The Chymist"
- "Drink to me Only with Labyrinthine Eyes"
- "Eye of the Lynx"
- "Notes on the Writing of Horror: A Story"
Part 2: Dreams for Insomniacs
- "The Christmas Eves of Aunt Elise: A Tale of Possession in Old Grosse Pointe"
- "The Lost Art of Twilight"
- "The Troubles of Dr. Thoss"
- "Masquerade of a Dead Sword: A Tragedie"
- "Dr. Voke and Mr. Veech"
- "Professor Nobody's Little Lectures on Supernatural Horror"
Part 3: Dreams for the Dead
- "Dr. Locrian's Asylum"
- "Sect of the Idiot"
- "The Greater Festival of Masks"
- "The Music of the Moon"
- "The Journal of J.P. Drapeau"