This article is about minor characters in Robert Jordan
's extensive The Wheel of Time fantasy fiction
series who do not have their own article.
For context, please see The Wheel of Time.
Minor Wheel of Time Characters
Seven False Dragons – men who claimed to be the Dragon Reborn
– have been discussed. Two (Logain Ablar
and Mazrim Taim
) are still alive. One (Gorin Rogad) could not channel. In chronological order, they are
Shaidar Haran is a large Myrddraal
who has additional powers beyond those of typical Myrddraal. He is a head taller than most Myrddraal, can shield channelers from the True Source
, and has a sense of humor
. He can also produce a black, flamelike form of energy that apparently has many uses, including destroying, binding, and creating a sort of light source. His powers do not appear to stem from channeling either the One Power
or the True Power
. Shaidar Haran
literally means "Hand of the Dark" in the Old Tongue
, and passages written from his point of view indicate that he may be an extension of the Dark One
into the real world, or the Dark One's avatar
. He is usually the bringer of bad news; he summons the Forsaken
to Shayol Ghul
, or punishes them, as he did with Mesaana
after she failed to answer a summons. He also marked Alviarin
(a Black Ajah
sister) as 'protected' against any attack by Shadowspawn. He cannot be away from Shayol Ghul
for long, and wishes to sever his ties from there.
It has been speculated that Shaidar Haran will be the form that the Dark One will take when he breaks free of Shayol Ghul.
Slayer was created by merging the souls of Lord Isam Mandragoran and Lord Luc Mantear. Isam was of royal blood in the Kingdom of Malkier, cousin of Lan Mandragoran
, last of the Malkieri kings. When Malkier was overrun by Trollocs, Isam was one of the few Malkieri to escape. His mother took him south, but they were attacked by Trollocs and Isam's fate was unknown.
Luc was brother to Tigraine, and a prince of Andor. Luc is also Rand's blood uncle (Rand is the son of Tigraine). Gitara Moroso, the Aes Sedai who possessed the Foretelling, urged Luc to seek his glory in the Blight.
Luc and Isam both survived in the Blight and are thought to have met in the Mountains of Dhoom. There, they apparently merged to become Slayer (as he is called by the wolves), a sort of Super Darkfriend. Slayer's principal talent is the ability to move between the "real world" and the world of dreams at will. He can appear as either Luc or Isam in both worlds. In The Shadow Rising, he disappears near the Tower of Ghenjei while being chased by Perrin, leading to speculation that he can enter it. Readers have also theorized that he is somehow connected to Darkhounds.
Slayer killed Janduin, Rand's biological father, when Janduin came to the Blight. He unsuccessfully attempted to kill Padan Fain in the Two Rivers, and as of Knife of Dreams is still hunting Fain. He also tried to assassinate Rand and Min. It was he who mysteriously killed the Grey Man sent to kill Egwene in the White Tower. He also killed the Black Ajah sisters Amico Nagoyin and Joiya Byir, who were being held in the Stone of Tear. Slayer fears Perrin.
As of Knife of Dreams, Rand is unaware of Slayer's nature and relation to him. Birgitte states that Slayer is a new occurrence, but perhaps an old evil.
There are approximately one thousand Aes Sedai scattered throughout the lands, although the highest concentration of them are found in or around Tar Valon
. Listed by Ajah, the Aes Sedai noted in the books are:
Women of the Red Ajah consider their primary purpose to be to hunt down men who can channel the One Power and still them.
- Duhara Basaheen is a Domani who was Keeper of the Chronicles to Sierin Vayu. She is currently a Sitter in the Hall. She was sent by Elaida to be the Aes Sedai advisor to Elayne, although Elayne has refused to accept her.
- Pevara Tazanovni is a Sitter in the White Tower and a supporter of Elaida. She is from Kandor, a nation in the Borderlands. Along with her best friend Seaine Herimon and several others, she has begun to expose the Black Ajah who have seemingly taken over the White Tower from within.
- Sashalle Anderly is a blue eyed Aes Sedai with shoulder length curly hair. She was one of the Aes Sedai who kidnapped Rand, and was stilled when he broke the shield, along with Ronaille Vevanios and Irgain Fatamed. She has since been healed by Damer Flinn and has sworn fealty to Rand.
- Silviana Brehon is the Mistress of Novices in the White Tower. Allied with Elaida.
- Teslyn Baradon is a dark-eyed Sitter, who was captured by the Seanchan and made damane. Mat freed her, along with Edesina Azzedin.
- Tsutama Rath had once been a Sitter until she was exiled along with Toveine Gazal and Lirene for their role in gentling male channelers beyond the walls of the White Tower. Allied with Elaida. Returned from exile, Tsutama is leader of the Red Ajah.
Women of the Blue Ajah work to forward "causes," one of the most prominent in the series being that of Moiraine Damodred and Siuan Sanche: the discovery, assistance, and protection of the Dragon Reborn.
- Adine Canford was a friend of Moiraine's. She has currently been mentioned as being with the Salidar Aes Sedai, teaching the novice classes.
- Aeldene Stonebridge is from Andor. She is the head of the Eyes and Ears of the Blue Ajah, and is allied with the Salidar Aes Sedai led by Egwene.
- Aeldra Najaf was Keeper of the Chronicles when Tamra Ospenya. She was raised to replace Gitara Moroso. She is described as being lean with coppery skin and short white hair.
- Anaiya, described as plain, but with a gentle smile that made her beautiful, was strong in the Power. She was close friends with Kairen Stang and Cabriana Mecandes. She believed that Egwene had potential to be a Dreamer. She was one of the Salidar Six, the group that held the Salidar Aes Sedai together before Egwene became Amyrlin. She and her Warder were later murdered by Aran'gar, who had pretended to have been Delana Sedai's secretary, to prevent them from exposing her.
- Anlee was a Sitter at the time Moiraine and Siuan were raised about 20 years ago. She was already very old, with gray hair.
- Cabriana Mecandes was close friends with Anaiya and Kairen Stang. She was fairly weak in the Power. After Elaida's coup, she fled the Tower, only to be captured by the Shadow. Semirhage tortured her and her Warder, and though Cabriana resisted, she eventually revealed the existence of the Salidar faction. She was presumably killed after.
- Cetalia Delarme is from Tarabon. She was head of the eyes-and-ears of the Blue Ajah under both Tamra Ospenya and Sierin Vayu. She is described as being tall and square-faced, with long steel grey hair in braids.
- Eadyth was an old Aes Sedai who was First Selector and a Sitter in the Hall when Moiraine and Siuan became Aes Sedai. She was respected as one of the most capable Blues in memory.
- Faolain Orande was an Accepted when Nynaeve, Egwene and Elayne first came to the Tower. She was bad-tempered, strict, prejudiced against wilders and more than a bit self-righteous, and many thought she would choose the Red. She joined the Salidar faction after the split, disgusted by Elaida's methods. By then had progressed enough in her training that she would have been tested for Aes Sedai if the appropriate equipment had been there. Egwene promoted her to Aes Sedai soon after, and Faolain joined the Blue. Convinced by Egwene's cause, she swore fealty and has since been spying on Lelaine Akashi's faction for Egwene.
- Lelaine Akashi is pretty, but is actually the oldest Salidar Sitter after Romanda. She has been a Sitter since at least as long as Moiraine and Siuan have been Aes Sedai. She heads one of the factions in the Salidar Hall and bitterly opposes Romanda Cassin, sitter of the Yellow Ajah. Both stalemated each other when the Salidar Aes Sedai were choosing a new Amyrlin. She has since unsuccessfully tried to control Egwene. After Egwene was captured by the Tower Aes Sedai, Lelaine began to plan how to become Amyrlin should something happen to Egwene.
- Lyrelle used to be a dancer. She is a newly-raised Salidar Sitter and supports Lelaine.
- Moria Karentanis is from Illian. She has joined the Salidar Aes Sedai and is a Sitter in the Salidar Hall. She is an independent thinker and was one of the Sitters who proposed allying with the Black Tower.
- Kairen Stang was from Andor. After returning with an Embassy sent for the Dragon Reborn she was brutually murdered in the Aes Sedai camps by Aran'gar. Her warder Llew, inconsolable since her death, has had his bond passed over to Myrelle.
- Maigan is a fairly strong Aes Sedai who accompanied Siuan to Fal Dara to meet Moiraine. She later became the Blue's advisor to Egwene in Salidar.
- Rafela Cindal is from Tear and has a warder named Mahiro Shukosa. She is allied with the Salidar Aes Sedai led by Egwene, and has since sworn fealty to Rand. She worked with Merana Ambrey and others to convince the Tairen rebels to surrender to Rand.
- Tamra Ospenya was the Amrylin Seat, raised from the Blue Ajah, from 973 to 979 NE. Tamra was Amrylin when Gitara Moroso (her Keeper of Chronicles) Foretold the birth of the Dragon Reborn. She initiated a covert search for the Dragon Reborn by sending Accepted out to take a census of women who gave birth close to the time of the Foretelling. She was captured and tortured by Black Ajah, in particular Galina Casban, Chesmal Emry and Jarna Malari, for information on the Dragon Reborn. The story is put about that she 'died in her sleep'. She is tall, with gray-streaked hair and was considered to be kind, fair and just.
Women of the Green Ajah consider it their duty to stand ready for the Last Battle. They are usually passionate and often have quick tempers.
- Adelorna Bastine is allied with Elaida. She is the Captain-General of the Green Ajah in the White Tower. She is from Saldaea and has three Warders.
- Alanna Mosvani is a dark, slender woman who has been been Aes Sedai for nearly forty years. She had two Warders however one was killed by Whitecloaks in Shadow Rising. She later forcefully Bonded Rand Al'Thor in Caemlyn.
- Beldeine Nyram is also a newly-raised Aes Sedai who does not have the ageless look yet. She was part of the group sent to capture Rand in Cairhien and was instead captured at Dumai's Wells. She was one of the first to swear fealty to Rand, and was present at the battle of the Choeden Kal and at the meeting with Semirhage. Min foresaw that she would bond an Asha'man.
- Bera Harkin is a stocky Andoran Aes Sedai, who is described as looking like a farmwife. She is one of the Salidar Aes Sedai, and was forced to swear fealty to Rand after the battle at Dumai's Wells. She has three Warders.
- Erian Boroleos was part of the group sent to capture Rand at Cairhien. Two of her four Warders were killed when Rand tried to escape, and she beat him with the One Power as punishment in her grief. She was later captured and was one of the first to swear fealty to him.
- Faeldrin Harella is a Taraboner who was part of the Salidar Embassy to Rand. She later swore fealty to him and helped Merana Ambrey negotiate with the Tairen rebels.
- Joline Maza is a slender, pretty Aes Sedai with dark eyes. She has two Warders, Blaeric Negina and Fen Mizar. She was sent by Elaida as an ambassador to the Tarasin Palace in Ebou Dar. Mat helped her to escape Ebou Dar, and she is currently travelling with him.
- Kiruna Nachiman is an elegant, statuesque Aes Sedai, who is sister to King Paitar of Arafel. She is one of the Salidar Aes Sedai and was part of the group of Sisters who rescued Rand at Dumai's Wells.
- Malind Nachenin is one of the newly-raised Sitters in the Salidar Hall. She was one of those who proposed allying with the Black Tower.
- Merise Haindehl is one of the group of Aes Sedai who work with Cadsuane Melaidhrin. She bonded Asha'man Jahar Narishma and has two other Warders. She was present at the battle of the Choedan Kal and later informed the Salidar Aes Sedai of Rand's offer for them to bond forty-seven Asha'man.
- Seonid Traighan was one of the Salidar Embassy to Rand. She later swore fealty to him, and accompanied Perrin Aybara to meet Masema Dagar. She played a big part in the rescue of Faile from the Shaido.
The Yellow Ajah is dedicated to healing. Its members are thus the most skilled healers of the Aes Sedai.
- Corele Hovian is described as wild-looking but pretty. She is part of Cadsuane's party and bonded Asha'man Damer Flinn.
- Edesina Azzedin was one of the Salidar Aes Sedai sent to Tarabon to calm the unrest there. She was captured and made damane, but was able to escape with Mat's group.
- Narenwin Barda is allied with the Tower and Elaida. She is the head of the Yellow Ajah's Eyes and Ears.
- Nisao Dachen is an Aes Sedai on the side of the Salidar Aes Sedai. Her interests lie in the healing of the mind. Her Warder is Sarin Hoigan.
- Romanda Cassin was a Sitter in the White Tower and First Weaver of the Yellow Ajah. She has been re-elected to both these positions as a member of the Salidar Aes Sedai. She has dark eyes, and wears her gray hair pulled back in a bun. Romanda, along with Lelaine Akashi, have been trying to gain control over Egwene as Amyrlin. She was the first Aes Sedai to have suspicions about Halima but was unable to act immediately due to the other Aes Sedai's demands that she explain her reasoning. By the time Romanda was finished, Halima had already escaped.
- Salita Toranes is from Tear and is allied with the Salidar rebels supporting Egwene.
- Samitsu Tamagowa is part of Cadsuane's group. She has one Warder and has been described by Cadsuane as one of the best Healers and a good leader, though she sometimes needed to be reassured of her abilities. Cadsuane left her in charge of Cairhien.
Women of the Brown Ajah spend the bulk of their time researching anything and everything. They are often out of touch with current events, however, not to mention their own surroundings.
- Danelle is a young, dreamy-eyed Aes Sedai who is allied with the White Tower. She was one of the group of Aes Sedai that took Siuan into custody.
- Demira Eriff is a gracefully beautiful Domani with coppery skin. She was a part of the embassy sent to Rand from the Salidar Aes Sedai, but was attacked (allegedly by Aiel) in Caemlyn and left with the message to stay away from the Dragon Reborn. She has one Warder, Stevan.
- Jesse Bilal is the head of the Brown Ajah in the White Tower. She supported Elaida during the Tower split.
- Kumira was from Shienar, one of the Borderland countries. She had allied herself with the legendary Cadsuane Melaidhrin of the Green Ajah, but was killed by Darkfriends at Shadar Logoth.
- Masuri Sokawa is a slender, pretty Arafellan and is one of the Salidar Aes Sedai. She is considered to be an expert on Darkhounds and helped Perrin in the rescue of Faile. She has one Warder, Rovair Kirklin.
- Morvrin is stout, with a round face and gray-streaked hair. She is one of the original leaders at Salidar. Her Warder's name is Jori.
- Nesune Bihara is a slender, dark-eyed Kandori, who is allied with the White Tower. She taught Egwene as a novice. She has sworn fealty to Rand Al'Thor.
- Saerin Asnobar is an olive-skinned Altaran with dark hair and a scar on one cheek. She is loyal to the White Tower and has proved she is not Black Ajah by reswearing her oaths.
- Takima is one of the Salidar Aes Sedai, allied with Lelaine. She has long black hair and a dark complexion, and is very knowledgeable about history and Tower law.
- Theodrin Dabei is a willowy, graceful Domani wilder, who was raised to Aes Sedai by the Salidar Aes Sedai. She tries to assist Nynaeve in breaking her block.
Women of the White Ajah are devoted to logic and philosophy. They tend to be very serene, even for Aes Sedai.
- Carlinya is one of the Salidar Six and also accompanied Siuan to Fal Dara to meet Moiraine. She is fairly powerful and ambitious. Min had a viewing of her with a raven tattoo, which suggests she will be captured by the Seanchan in the future
- Daigian Moseneillin is a plump and pale Cairhienin of a lesser House. She is one of the weakest Aes Sedai in the Tower. She is allied with Cadsuane. She bonded Eben Hopwil (an Asha'man) as a Warder but he was killed in a fight with Aran'gar.
- Ferane Neheran is the First Reasoner of the White Ajah. She is allied with the Tower Aes Sedai supporting Elaida and had once been a Sitter.
- Sarene Nemdahl initially supported Elaida but has sworn an oath to the Dragon Reborn. She hails from Tarabon, and is known to have a temper. She is more than beautiful and her warder's name is Vitalien.
- Seaine Herimon is a sitter who is allied with Elaida. She was given the job of finding traitors within the White Tower. However, she and her novicehood friend Pevara discovered Darkfriends and worse.
- Zerah Dacan was one of the ten Salidar Aes Sedai sent by Sheriam and company to the Tower to spread word that the Red Ajah had orchestrated Logain's rise to False Dragon status. However, she was caught by Seaine and Pevara and has since been assisting them in their hunt for the Black Ajah.
Women of the Gray Ajah concern themselves primarily with negotiation and law.
- Andaya Forae. A Sitter for the Gray Ajah in the White Tower, she has been an Aes Sedai for less than seventy years and was hand-picked as a Sitter after the Tower's breaking by Serancha Colvine, head of the Gray Ajah herself. She hails from Tarabon.
- Annoura Larisen is a dark haired Taraboner with braided hair. She is the Aes Sedai advisor to Berelain.
- Beonin Marinye is a pretty Taraboner, with honey-coloured hair and blue-gray eyes, who has been Aes Sedai for about forty years. She is one of the Salidar Aes Sedai, but has since left and returned to Elaida, along with her Warder, Tervail Dura. She has revealed the existence of Salidar Aes Sedai moles in the White Tower to Elaida, as well as teaching her the new weaves that have been discovered.
- Meidani was one of the ten Salidar Aes Sedai sent by Sheriam and company to the Tower to spread the news that the Red orchestrated Logain's rise as false Dragon. She also tried to spy on Elaida by rekindling the friendship they had as Accepted. She was caught by Seaine and company.
- Merana Ambrey is a slim, hazel-eyed Andoran. Her Warder, Basan, died before the Aiel War and she has not bonded another. She was forced to swear fealty to Rand after the battle at Dumai's Wells and, along with Rafela Cindal, was involved in negotiations with the Sea Folk on behalf of Rand.
- Merilille Ceandevin is an elegant, slender Cairhienin with dark hair and eyes, who is the ambassador of the Salidar Aes Sedai to the Ebou Dari court. She has been a part of the Gray Ajah for over a hundred years. She was teaching Renaile din Calon Blue Star and other Windfinders as a part of the bargain made over the Bowl of the Winds, but she has fled from the Royal Palace in Caemlyn with a Sea Folk apprentice.
- Yukiri. A Sitter for the Gray Ajah in the White Tower, she supports Elaida. Her warder has been dead over a dozen years. Along with Saerin and several others, she is trying to root out the Black Ajah within the White Tower.
The Black Ajah is composed of the Darkfriend Aes Sedai and is based in the White tower.
- Amico Nagoyin was originally of the Yellow Ajah. She is the youngest of the Black Ajah who left the White Tower with Liandrin, and is slender and pretty with a long neck, pale skin and dark eyes. She was responsible for guarding the cell where Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve were held when they were captured by the Blach Ajah in Tear，and was stilled during her capture. She was murdered along with Joiya Byir by Isam.
- Asne Zeramene is a Saldaean, with dark, tilted eyes and a bold nose, originally of the Green Ajah. She was a part of that Ajah for about a hundred and thirty years. She was killed by lightning hurled by Windfinders while trying to kidnap Elayne.
- Berylla Naron, originally of the Blue Ajah. She is lean to the point of being scrawny, and is currently with the remaining members of Liandrin's group in Amador.
- Chesmal Emry is a Ghealdanin, formerly of the Yellow Ajah. She is stern but handsome with dark hair and eyes. She healed Moghedien after she was wounded by Birgette and is considered one of the best at Healing in generations. She was captured after the attempt to kidnap Elayne and is currently in captivity, along with Lady Shiaine, in the Royal Palace dungeon in Caemlyn.
- Eldrith Jhondar, a round-faced and plump Aes Sedai formerly of the Brown Ajah. She has a Warder named Kennit. She was captured after the attempt to kidnap Elayne and is currently in captivity, along with Lady Shiaine, in the Royal Palace dungeon in Caemlyn.
- Falion Bhoda, a cold, long-faced Kandori with dark, glossy hair, originally of the White Ajah. As a punishment for failing to retrieve a stash of angreal in Ebou Dar, she was given to Lady Shiaine by Moridin to punish and do with what she will.
- Jeaine Caide, a slim Aes Sedai of the Green Ajah from Arad Doman, with coppery skin typical to that of the Domani. She was originally present to bring Moraine and Siuan Sanche to the ceremony where they were raised to the shawl. She is currently with the remaining members of Liandrin's group in Amador.
- Joiya Byir was originally of the Gray Ajah. She has a friendly face with dark hair and gray eyes and is described as being "old enough to be Egwene's grandmother". She was murdered by Isam.
- Marillin Gemalphin is skinny, with dreamy blue eyes, lifeless pale brown hair and thin lips. She loves cats and was captured after the attempt to kidnap Elayne and is currently in captivity, along with Lady Shiaine, in the Royal Palace dungeon in Caemlyn.
- Rianna Andomeran is a Kandori with black hair and a stark white streak above her left ear. She is currently with the remaining members of Liandrin's group in Amador.
- Temaile Kinderode was originally of the Gray Ajah. She is diminutive and fox-faced with large blue eyes. She is from Cairhien and is described as being sadistic and enjoys causing pain. She was tormenting Amathera, the Panarch of Amador, before Elayne rescued her. She was captured after the attempt to kidnap Elayne and is currently in captivity, along with Lady Shiaine, in the Royal Palace dungeon in Caemlyn.
The other Black Ajah mentioned below are not members of Liandrin's thirteen, but have been encountered at various points during the series.
- Elza Penfell is an Andoran originally of the Green Ajah but has defected to the Black Ajah. She is handsome and has brown eyes. Her warder, Fearil, is also a Darkfriend.
- Katerine Alruddin is a dark haired, hard-eyed Aes Sedai originally of the Red Ajah. She is one of the Aes Sedai who kidnapped Rand Al'Thor. She is still present in the White Tower and was present during Egwene's capture.
- Delana Mosalaine is a stout Shienaran with light blue eyes and very fair hair, who was a sitter in the Hall of the Salidar of the Aes Sedai for the Gray Ajah. She is being manipulated by Halima, Aran'gar in disguise, but fled with Halima Saranov and Miesa (one of Delana's servants) when Jahar Narishma arrived at Salidar and detected a man channelling.
- Talene Minly is formerly of the Green Ajah and is a Sitter. She was exposed as Black Ajah when she refused to reswear her Oaths in front of Doesine, Pevara, Saerin, Seaine and Yukiri. She has since been forced to reswear her Oaths and reveal several other Black Ajah members within the White Tower.
- Alviarin Freidhen formerly of the White Ajah, was the Keeper of the Chronicles under Elaida before she was dismissed. She serves Mesaana, one of the forsaken, and met Padan Fain while he searched for a cursed dagger from Shadar Logoth.
is of the Nine Valleys sept of the Taardad Aiel. She is the wife of Rhuarc
, and sister wife of Lian. She used to be a Maiden of the Spear
but is now a Wise One and is one of only a few to be a dreamwalker. She looks young, but has white hair and blue eyes. She is one of the Wise Ones who sent Rhuarc in search of Rand
. When encountering Egwene
she tells her to travel to the Cold Rocks hold for training. When Rand and his party arrive in the Waste she is amongst those that give permission for Rand, Mat
to enter Rhuidean. She also begins to teach Egwene how to dreamwalk properly. She travels to the Wetlands and continues training Egwene but she also fights at Dumai's Well. She continues to meet with Egwene in tel'aran'rhiod
after Egwene has been made Amyrlin Seat.
is a Maiden of the Spear
and is first-sister to Chiad, another Maiden. She takes part in the search of the wetlands for he who comes with the dawn.
She takes part in the rescue of Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve from Fades. She is then amongst the Aiel that capture the Stone of Tear. In the Stone she makes friends with Faile Bashere
who she accompanies along with Chiad
to the Two Rivers. She takes part in the liberation of the Two Rivers from the Shadowspawn. She returns to Caemlyn with Perrin's
group and later goes with them to Ghealdan where she is captured and made gai'shain
by the Shaido. She helps Faile and her group escape but refuses to escape herself due ji'e'toh.
is of the Stones River Sept of the Goshien Aiel. Chiad is a Maiden of the Spear
and is first-sister to Bain
, another Maiden. She takes part in the search of the wetlands for he who comes with the dawn.
She takes part in the rescue of Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve from Fades. She is then amongst the Aiel that capture the Stone of Tear. In the Stone she and Bain makes friends along with Faile Bashere
whom she accompanies along with Bain to the Two Rivers. She takes part in the liberation of the Two Rivers from the Shadowspawn. She returns to Caemlyn with Perrin's
group and later goes with them to Ghealdan where she is captured and made gai'shain
by the Shaido. She helps Faile and her group escape but refuses to escape herself due to ji'e'toh.
Gaul is in love with her and though she refuses to abandon the spear to marry him she is willing to become his lover.
is of the Imran sept of the Shaarad Aiel. Gaul is a Shae'en M'taal
, which means Stone Dog. He was captured by Hunters of the Horn
while in search of he who comes with the dawn. Perrin
rescued him from being incarcerated and the two of them then slew 10 Whitecloaks. Gaul is then told by Perrin to look in Tear for what he seeks. In Tear he encounters Mat
on the rooftops and then takes part in the capture of the Stone. While in the Stone he becomes close friends with Perrin and then travels with him to the Two Rivers. He helps in the fight against Shadowspawn there. He, along with Loial
, closed the waygate to prevent more Shadowspawn arriving and was wounded while doing so. He is carried back to the village by Loial. Continuing to travel with Perrin, he fights at Dumai's Wells. He then travels with Perrin to Ghealdan were Bain
are captured by Shaido. He scouts the Shaido along with Elyas
for Perrin. He fights in Malden to free the captives and then goes in search of Chiad with Elyas. He is in love with Chiad but she is only willing to become his lover not marry him as he wishes. He does not like Bain however.
is Clan Chief of the Taardad Aiel. He is from the Nine Valleys Sept and used to be a Red Shield. He is married to Amys
, and Lian and has 2 daughters. He is tall and handsome with a strong, square face and a good smile, his hair is dark red and is graying and he also has broad shoulders and blue eyes. He is amongst the Aiel that went in search of he who comes with the dawn.
He accompanies Rand
to Rhuidean and accepts him as Car'a'carn with resignation. He helps to plan the battle against the Shaido Aiel in Cairhien
. After the battle he is put in control of Cairhien
. He fought at Dumai's Well to rescue Rand from the Aes Sedai
. He has recently been sent to Arad Doman with Dobraine to find if anyone is in charge there.
She is a Shaido Aiel Wise One
with gray hair and deep blue eyes. She is taller than most men and is hawk-faced.
Therava, along with Sevanna and Desaine, meet with the Aes Sedai embassy about Rand al'Thor. When she and the others show up in Cairhien, they acknowledge that they are able to duplicate the weaves the Aes Sedai plan to use to bind Rand, then help murder Desaine when she doesn't support Sevanna.
When the Shaido Aiel attack the Aes Sedai holding Rand at the Battle of Dumai's Wells, Therava is present. She is also there when Sammael splits up the remaining Shaido across the world and she, along with the newly acquired Aes Sedai Galina Casban, go with Sevanna to Ghealdan. It is there that Therava is able to steal some of Sevanna's power and forces Galina to obey her by using a "binder" or Oath Rod. Therava then makes Galina gai'shain and takes her for a pet dressing her up in silk and jewelry and calling her "Lina" or "my little Lina". Therava is stronger in the One Power than Galina, and is believed to be stronger than any sister in the White Tower.
When Faile Bashere is captured, Therava makes her spy on Sevanna.
In Knife of Dreams, Therava vows to return to the Aiel Waste, taking Galina with her. She says she will never return to the wetlands.
A young boy whose father was killed by the Shaido Aiel
and whose mother was later taken by starvation, Olver was discovered by Matrim Cauthon
, who took a liking to him and taught him to ride and fight. Despite his admittedly ugly appearance and young age, he is unusually charming, and is popular with women. This, combined with his heroic tendencies, have led to speculation that Olver is in fact a reincarnation of Gaidal Cain
, the great Blademaster
of legend and lover of Birgitte
. The main argument against this possibility is that Olver is too old to be Gaidal Cain, as Birgitte apparently interacts with Gaidal in Tel'aran'rhiod
after Olver has been born. Robert Jordan
has also denied this speculation.
Erith, daughter of Iva, daughter of Alar
Erith is a young Ogier female and wife of Loial. She is at first revealed only in Loial's conversations, and her characterization is colored by his remembrances. When she is introduced in the series, she appears to be a tractable young woman anxious to find her love. When it comes time for her marriage to Loial, however, a different side of Erith emerges as she calmly takes command of the situation, deftly maneuvering Loial's mother into her proper place and taking over responsibility for Loial (as is the Ogier tradition between married couples). She appears to be a fitting match in temperament for Loial, to his no doubt pleasant surprise.
First appearing as a Seanchan damane Alivia is described as having fine lines at the corners of her blue eyes and some white in her golden yellow hair. She is captured by Rand's forces in Altara, is sent to Caemlyn along with the other Damane and has her collar eventually removed by Reanne Corly of the Kin when she shows considerable scorn for her former captors. She is trained by Atha'an Miere Windfinders in Caemlyn, can copy a weave only viewing it once and is believed to be the strongest female Channeler alive (Being notably stronger than even Nynaeve). She claims to have been collared at the age of thirteen or fourteen over four hundred years ago. Min has seen many viewings about Alivia that she doesn't understand properly with the exception of one especially distinguishable; "Alivia will help Rand die"