may refer to the following articles:
- Northern (automobile), an early American automobile
- Northern Bank, commercial bank in Northern Ireland.
- Northern Rock, a British bank
- Northern Records, a Southern California independent record label.
- Northern blot (molecular biology)
- Northern Exposure, a CBS TV comedy-drama series
- The Northern Ontario School of Medicine a medical school in Ontario, Canada
- NCIVS an acronym for Northern Collegiate Institute and Vocational School in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada.
- Northern Secondary School, a high school in Canada
- Northern locomotive, a type of (4-8-4) steam locomotive
- The Northern Pike fish is often called simply a "northern".
- Northern Rail, a train operating company operating railway services in Northern England
- Northern, a food and general merchandise store owned and operated by The North West Company
- Northern Territory, Australia
- Northern Tool & Equipment
- Northern United States
- The Northern Way, an initiative of the British Governments Department for Communities and Local Government to increase economic competitiveness of Northern England
- Northern (soccer) a soccer club based in Dunedin which competes in the SoccerSouth Premier League
- Northern, Sudan, a state in Sudan