is generally something that closes back on itself such as a circle. The closing can appear in time or in space.
Science and technology
- Loop (algebra), a quasigroup with an identity element
- Loop (graph theory), an edge that begins and ends on the same vertex
- Loop (topology), a path that starts and ends at the same point
- Control flow#Loops (computers), a sequence of commands that is executed repeatedly
- An infinite loop is a sequence of instructions in a computer program which loops endlessly.
- Wilson loop (physics), a closed path integral of the gauge field
- Loop (electricity), a Electronic circuit
- Loop (knot), one of the fundamental structures used to tie knots
- Loop (mobile), a Mobile Virtual Network Operator in Bulgaria
- Loop (telecommunication), sending a signal on a channel and receiving it back at the sending terminal
- Local loop (telecommunication), the link connecting the customer to the carrier
- Loop antenna, a radio antenna composed of one or more turns of conductor
- Loop device (Unix), a device node that allows a file to be mounted on a directory
- Loop, a type of Fingerprint#Classifying_fingerprints pattern
- Loop (biochemistry), a flexible region in a protein's secondary structure
- Loop current Name of a ocean current in the Gulf of Mexico, part of the Gulf Stream
Movement and transportation
- Loop, when, in cricket, a bowler makes the ball rise above eye-level in the early part of its trajectory toward the batsman
- Loop (aircraft), an aerobatic maneuver
- Loop (roller coaster), the most basic of roller coaster inversions
- Crossing loop and passing loop are sometimes called loops.
- Balloon loop (railway), one of several looping track configurations
- Loop route (road transport); see also Beltway
- Loop (Texarkana), a loop proposed around Texarkana, Arkansas
- Loop ramp (road transport), an element of a cloverleaf interchange allowing left turns via a 270° right turn
- Loop jump (figure skating), a jump that takes off from a back outside edge and lands on the same edge
Creative works and groups
- Loop, Germany, a municipality in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
- The Loop (TV series), a comedy television show on the FOX network
- A loop drive in table tennis, "The Loop" is an extreme topspin drive that produces a loopy tragetory.
- A loop in playboating, a maneuver where the kayaker does a full forwards flip in the air.
- Chicago Loop, the downtown neighbourhood of Chicago, Illinois bounded by an elevated railway in the shape of a loop
- Loop Retail Historic District, National Register of Historic Places shopping district in above neighborhood.
- Delmar Loop, entertainment district in St. Louis, Missouri
- Loop (education), to advance an elementary school teacher with his or her class
- Louisiana Offshore Oil Port
- The Loop is a segment on Attack of the Show hosted by Kevin Pereira
- LOOP Barcelona, a platform for videoart based in Barcelona, Spain
- Slang term among caddies for a job (ie one round of golf)