Alexis Nolent (a.k.a. Matz) is a French writer. He writes scripts for videogames and has also written a novel and, under the Matz pen-name, a number of comics.
He grew up in the Caribbean before moving to Paris.
He has written The Killer (Le Tueur) and Cyclops (Cyclopes) both of which have been optioned for films, both produced by Alexandra Milchan, the former at Paramount with director David Fincher and the latter at Warner Brothers by James Mangold. The Killer is his first to be published in English and is published by Archaia Studios Press, who are dividing each of volumes into two parts and releasing in American comic book format bi-monthly. The first four issues were collected as a hardcover volume, which won IGN's Best Indy Book of 2007 Award, Newsarama's Best of '07 gave it the "Best Comic You Didn’t Read This Year" award and Entertainment Weekly named it #2 in a list of Best comics of 2007.
Other work includes Headshot (Du plomb dans la tête) with Colin Wilson, Shandy with Dominique Bertail and an upcoming adaptation of Jim Thompson's novel Savage Night with artist Miles Hyman.
The Killer has been optioned for a film.
- Peines perdues (with Jean-Christophe Chauzy, Casterman, August 1993)
- The Killer (with Luc Jacamon):
- French, Casterman:
- Long feu (October 1998)
- L'Engrenage (April 2000)
- La Dette (August 2001)
- Les Liens du sang (August 2002)
- La Mort dans l’âme (October 2003)
- Modus vivendi (September 2007)
- English, Archaia Studios Press:
- Volume 1 (collects #1-4: "'Long Fire" and "Vicious Cycle", hardcover, 128 pages, September 2007, ISBN 1932386440)
- Shandy (with Dominique Bertail, Delcourt):
- Agnès (November 2002, ISBN 978-2-84789-073-0)
- Le Dragon d'Austerlitz (January 2006, ISBN 978-2-84789-926-9)
- Headshot (with Colin Wilson, Casterman):
- Les Petits poissons (January 2004)
- Les Gros poissons (February 2005)
- Du bordel dans l'aquarium (January 2006)
- Cyclops (with Luc Jacamon, Casterman):
- La Recrue (September 2005)
- Le Héros (September 2006)