This is an incomplete list of U.S. college mascots
, consisting of named incarnations of live, costumed or inflatable mascots.
- Baby Jay — costumed sidekick and smaller version of Big Jay, the mascot for the Jayhawks of the University of Kansas.
- Baby Owl - second mascot of Temple University; more of a child-friendly mascot
- Baldwin the Eagle — the American bald eagle mascot of Boston College
- Bananas - The Black Bear mascot of the University of Maine
- The Bearcat - name of University of Cincinnati mascot.
- Beaker - name of Morehead State University mascot.
- Belle — the costumed female mascot of Mississippi State University
- Ben — the Bulldog mascot of McPherson College
- Ben Franklin - costumed mascot of the University of Pennsylvania, which looks like the real Benjamin Franklin, but wears school uniforms and sports a game face at athletic events.
- Benny — the Beaver of Oregon State
- Bernie — the costumed St. Bernard dog of Siena College.
- Bevo — a live Texas Longhorn steer the official mascot of the Texas Longhorns.
- Big Al — the costumed elephant mascot of the Alabama Crimson Tide
- Big Blue — a lion mascot wearing a blue king's crown representing the Old Dominion Monarchs.
- Big Jay — the costumed mascot of the Jayhawks of the University of Kansas.
- Big Red — The main Fighting Razorback mascot of the University of Arkansas. Also the blob-like costumed mascot of the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers and the Daniel Boone like costumed mascot of the Sacred Heart University Pioneers.
- Big Stuff — the eagle mascot of Winthrop University.
- Bill the Goat — United States Naval Academy live goat and costumed mascot
- The Bird — costumed mascot of the United States Air Force Academy Falcons
- Bison — the blue bison mascot of Howard University
- Bison — the mascot of Lipscomb University and Oklahoma Baptist University.
- Black Jack — the costumed mascot of the United States Military Academy at West Point (Army)
- Blaze — the official dragon mascot of the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
- Blaze — the official maverick (stallion) mascot of the University of Texas at Arlington.
- Blitz — the official bearcat mascot of Willamette University (OR).
- Blizzard T. Husky — the husky of Michigan Tech. The T stands for The. Blizzard can usually be seen ice skating before home hockey games.
- Blue — a live bobcat, one of three official mascots of the University of Kentucky. Unlike the other two, he never attends home games because of his species' shy nature. He lives at the Salato Wildlife Education Center, a state-run facility in Frankfort.
- The Blue Blob — the blue fuzzy costumed mascot, is one of two official mascots for Xavier University (Cincinnati) and is especially popular with younger fans.
- Blue Jay — Johns Hopkins University, Polytechnic University.
- The Blue Devil — a costumed student who serves as mascot of the Duke Blue Devils.
- Bobby — the Bearcat of Northwest Missouri State University
- Bobcat — a costumed Bobcat mascot of New York University.
- Boilermaker Special — a railroad locomotive replica mascot (officially) of Purdue.
- Boko — The Bobcat mascot of Texas State University.
- Boomer — the bear of Missouri State University.
- Boomer — The Bobcat mascot of Quinnipiac University.
- Boomer — one of the two white ponies of the University of Oklahoma that pulls the Sooner Schooner (the other pony's name is Sooner). There is both a live pony and costumed mascot.
- Boss Hogg - The 9-foot tall inflatable Razorback mascot of the University of Arkansas.
- Bruiser — the costumed bear for the Baylor Bears & the Belmont University Bruins.
- Bruno — the brown bear of Brown University.
- Brutus Buckeye — the anthropomorphic buckeye mascot of The Ohio State University.
- Bucky Beaver — Nature's engineer, the mascot of the California Institute of Technology, Caltech, in Pasadena, California
- Bucky The Parrot — the costumed parrot is mascot of Barry University in Florida
- Bucky — the costumed bronc is mascot of University of Texas - Pan American in Texas
- Bucky (or Bucky Bison) — the costumed bison mascot of Bucknell University
- Bucky Badger — the lovable but mischievous badger of the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Bullet — a live black American Quarter Horse mascot of Oklahoma State University.
- Bully — both the live bulldog and the costumed bulldog mascot of Mississippi State.
- Burrowing Owl-the mascot of Florida Atlantic University.
- Buster Bronco - The official mascot of Boise State University
- Buster Bronco - The official mascot of Western Michigan University
- Butch T. Cougar — the cougar of Washington State. The "T" stands for "The".
- Butler Blue II - the living Bulldog mascot of Butler University.
- Buzz — the costumed mascot of the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets.
- Q — popular name of Spike Q. Gonzaga, a live bulldog, one of two official mascots of Gonzaga University. The "Q" is in honor of former Gonzaga basketball player Quentin Hall.
- Quakers - the name of the athletic department of Earlham College.
- The Saluki Dog — live animal mascot of the Southern Illinois Salukis
- Sam the Minuteman — Massachusetts Minutemen and Minutewomen
- Sammie Seminole - The athletic logo for The Florida State University
- Sammy Seahawk — of UNC Wilmington
- Sammy Spartan — of Manchester College, North Manchester Indiana
- Sammy the Owl — of Rice University
- Sammy the Slug — a banana slug is the mascot of UC Santa Cruz. Sammy was named Reader's Digest best college mascot for 2004.
- Sammy and Samantha Bearkat — mascots of Sam Houston State University.
- Sasha - The University of Houston's female mascot.
- The Scarlet Knight — of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
- Scrappy — the eagle mascot of the North Texas Mean Green
- Scrappy — a costumed anthropomorphized mockingbird the mascot of the Chattanooga Mocs
- Scrappy — The owl mascot of Kennesaw State University
- Scratch — a student in wildcat costume who is one of three official mascots of the University of Kentucky, two of which attend games. Scratch is a more child-friendly version of "The Wildcat", the other mascot that attends games.
- Screech A. Eagle - official mascot of Northwestern College (Minnesota).
- Scottie — the scottie dog mascot of Agnes Scott College
- Scotty the Bear — A tartan clad highlander bear representing the University of California, Riverside.
- Scrotie — of the Rhode Island School of Design
- Sebastian the Ibis — the costumed mascot of the Miami Hurricanes. The Florida ibis according to folklore is the last bird to leave the area before a hurricane and the first bird to come back after the storm. "Sebastian" once carried a corn-cob pipe in its beak.
- Seymour D'Campus — costumed mascot of Southern Miss Golden Eagles
- Shadow — costumed mascot of Monmouth University (NJ).
- The Shark — mascot of UNLV. While the school's teams are named the Rebels (Runnin' Rebels for men's basketball only) the mascot is a shark in honor of former men's basketball coach Jerry Tarkanian nicknamed "The Shark".
- Shasta — the mascot of the University of Houston's Houston Cougars - a live cougar for many years; currently a costumed anthropomorphic cougar.
- Shooter — The second generation Red Fox Mascot for Marist College.
- Sir Big Spur - a live rooster at the University of South Carolina since 2006
- Skully - giant red parrot sidekick of the official "Marauder" mascot of Millersville University
- Skully — Unofficial mascot of the East Carolina Pirates
- Smokey — a live bluetick coonhound, the official mascot for the Tennessee Volunteers. The name is also applied to the costumed mascot.
- Sooner — one of the two white ponies of the University of Oklahoma that pulls the Sooner Schooner (the other pony's name is Boomer). There is both a live pony and costumed mascot.
- Sooner Schooner - a scale replica of a Conestoga wagon pulled by two ponies and driven by the RUF/NEKS of the University of Oklahoma.
- Southpaw- a costumed jaguar of the University of South Alabama.
- Sparky — the maroon and gold devil mascot of the Arizona State Sun Devils
- Sparky — the eagle mascot of the Liberty University Flames. The name also applies to the dragon mascot of the Illinois-Chicago Flames.
- Sparty — the mascot of Michigan State University a comical representation of a Spartan hoplite soldier clad in green with an elongated head. Extremely buff but does not talk much.
- Spidey — the spider mascot of the Richmond Spiders
- Spike — the name given to several costume bulldog mascots including Gonzaga , Samford ,The Citadel Drake as well as the inflatably costumed mascot of the University of Georgia
- The Stag — the costumed mascot of Fairfield University.
- The Stanford Tree — a dancing conifer of indeterminate species official mascot of Stanford Band unofficial mascot of Stanford University.
- Stanley the Stag- the costumed mascot for the men's teams of the combined athletic program of Harvey Mudd, Scripps, and Claremont McKenna Colleges.
- The Statesman - the official mascot of Delta State University.
- Superfrog — the costumed horned toad mascot of TCU
- Sue E. Pig - The female Razorback mascot of the University of Arkansas.
- Swoop — the costumed mascot of the University of Utah Utes. "Swoop" is a red-tailed hawk, which is a bird native to the state of Utah.
- Swoop — the costumed mascot of Eastern Washington University and Emory University- both are eagles.
- Swoop — the costumed mascot of the Eastern Michigan University Eagles. "Swoop" is a bald eagle whose distingiuishing characteristic is his fighting stance where he tends to poke his chest out in pure confidence.
- Swoop the RedHawk — the costumed mascot of Miami University.
- Sycamore Sam — the happy forest animal costume of no particular species but looks like a blue fox or dog; mascot of the Indiana State Sycamores.