The term multiplier
may refer to:
In electrical engineering:
- Multiplier (economics), an effect that occurs when a change in spending causes a disproportionate change in aggregate demand.
- Money multiplier, a term that represents the maximum amount of money that the banking system generates with each dollar of excess reserves.
- Force multiplier, a factor that dramatically increases the combat-effectiveness of a given military force.
- A multiplier fishing reel creates less friction when casting.
In clock signal:
- A CPU multiplier allows a CPU to perform more cycles per single cycle of the front side bus.