Morgan's (formally Henry Morgan & Company) was a Montreal-based Canadian department store chain. At its peak, the company had stores in Quebec and Ontario. In Quebec, the chain was known as Morgan without the possessive.
Morgan's is the ancestor of The Bay department store chain in Quebec and Ontario.
The first Morgan's store was opened in Montreal in 1845 by Scottish immigrant Henry Morgan. The second store to operate under the Morgan's name opened only in 1950 on Queen Mary Road in the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce section of Montreal. Other stores subsequently opened on the island of Montreal, and several Ontario cities.
Morgan's was purchased in 1960 by Hudson's Bay Company. In 1964, the Ontario stores were converted into the new name The Bay. At that point, the previous Morgan's logo was replaced with a new logo with a similar design to The Bay's logo (shown above) for the Quebec stores still operating under the Morgan's name. The Quebec stores were converted in 1972. The Morgan's flagship store in downtown Montreal has been a Bay store ever since Morgan's was absorbed into The Bay.