Miner's inch

Miner's inch

The miner's inch is a unit of flow in terms of volume per unit time. It is sometimes used in relation to flow of water.



The miner’s inch was derived from the amount of water that would flow through a hole of a given area and a given pressure (for example, 4-6 inches of water, or 1-1.5 kPa). The word 'inch' actually refers to the area of the hole in 'square inches'. State regulations sometimes forbid the use of the unit without its being associated with a definition in the same document.

External links

Search another word or see miner's inchon Dictionary | Thesaurus |Spanish
Copyright © 2015, LLC. All rights reserved.
  • Please Login or Sign Up to use the Recent Searches feature