is one of the chief demons of European literary tradition.
Mephisto or Mephistopheles may also refer to:
- Mephisto (bicycle) one of Sam Whittingham's land speed record bicycles
- Mephistopheles, or Faust and Marguerite (1855), a romantic opera composed by Meyer Lutz
- Mefistofele (1868), an opera by Italian composer Arrigo Boito
- Mephisto (novel), a novel by Klaus Mann
- Mefisto, a novel by John Banville
- Mephisto (comics), a demon in the Marvel Comics universe
- Mephisto Waltzes, piano solos by Franz Liszt
- Mephisto, Inc., a French footwear manufacturer
- Mephisto (tank), a WWI tank captured by Australia from Germany
- Mephisto (software), a Ruby on Rails blog/CMS engine
- Mephisto Walz, a band
- Mr. Mistoffelees, a black cat in T.S. Eliot's Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats and in the musical Cats.
- "Mephisto", a song by Moonspell on Irreligious (album)
- Mephisto (wrestler), a Mexican luchador
- "Mephistopheles" - a song from Trans-Siberian Orchestra's album Beethoven's Last Night
In film, television, and music:
- Mephistopheles (Xena), the King of Hell and a villain in the Xena: Warrior Princess TV series
- Mephisto (1981 film) an Oscar-winning German-Hungarian film based on Klaus Mann's novel Mephisto
- Méphisto (1930 film) a French black and white film
- Dr. Mephisto, a mad scientist in the South Park TV series
- Mephistomon, a villainous character in the Digimon film Battle of Adventurers
- Mephisto, a character in the Australian television show Double the Fist
- Mephisto, a character in Ghost Rider (film) played by Peter Fonda.
- The character "Dark Mephisto" in the Japanese TV series Ultraman Nexus, who controlled "Dark Faust".
- Mephisto (wrestler), Mexican Luchador.
- "Down, Down, Down to Mephisto's Cafe", the second song on Somewhere in the Between, the second full length album by the ska band Streetlight Manifesto.
- "March of Mephisto", the first song on The Black Halo, the seventh full length album by the power metal band Kamelot.
- "Mephisto Waltz", the sixth track on the Japanese Visual Kei/gothic rock band Moi dix Mois' second album, Nocturnal Opera.
- "Dancing with Mephisto", the fourth track on Enigma's sixth album; A Posteriori.