and similar may refer to:
- Mate, one of a pair of animals involved in mating
- A deck officer aboard a merchant ship, such as the Chief Mate, Second Mate, or Third Mate; also (between 1840 and 1860) the rank now known as a Sub-Lieutenant
- Mate (colloquialism), a colloquialism used to refer to a friend and is commonly used in the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Ireland
- Maté, the popular caffeinated beverage made from the yerba maté
- Mahte, a goddess in Latvian mythology, also spelled "Māte"
- MATE, the Marine Academy of Technology and Environmental Sciences, a specialized high school in Manahawkin, NJ
- Short for checkmate, a winning/losing situation in chess