The zygomatic process of the maxilla
) is a rough triangular eminence, situated at the angle of separation of the anterior, zygomatic, and orbital surfaces.
- In front it forms part of the anterior surface.
- Behind it is concave, and forms part of the infratemporal fossa.
- Above it is rough and serrated for articulation with the zygomatic bone.
- Below it presents the prominent arched border which marks the division between the anterior and infratemporal surfaces.
- - "Osteology of the Skull: The Maxilla"