can have these meanings:
- The act of stabbing with a sharp instrument
- Stab, a short form of stab jacket, another word for buoyancy compensator
- Stab vest, a type of armour designed to resist knife attacks
- Stab (music), a single staccato chord that adds dramatic impact to a composition
- STAB, an acronym for "Store to accumulator B", in some forms of assembly language
- STAB, an acronym for the St. Anne's-Belfield School, a college preparatory school located in Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
- "Stab", a song by Built to Spill from their 1994 album There's Nothing Wrong with Love
- STAB, same type attack bonus, a statistical element in the Pokémon video games.
- Stab is the German language word for "staff", in the sense of an administrative body, especially in military usage. Stab (Luftwaffe designation), during World War II was the German Luftwaffe (air force) designation for command aircraft or headquarters units.
- STAB boat, a type of US Navy boat
- Johann Stab, another way of referring to the Austrian scientist Johannes Stabius
- British Army Slang for a Territorial Army soldier (Stupid TA Bastard)
- The metafictional film-within-a-film from Scream 2 and Scream 3
- Symbol table, a data structure used by a language translator such as a compiler or interpreter
- "Take a stab at ...", To make an attempt at a given task.