Look Forward to Failure was an EP released on November 10, 1998 by The Ataris on Fat Wreck Chords. This was the first album released to feature the fan favorite "San Dimas High School Football Rules". That song later appeared on Blue Skies, Broken Hearts...Next 12 Exits. The band also intended on putting the song "That Special Girl" on Blue Skies, Broken Hearts...Next 12 Exits as well but it didn't make the cut. The song features Mark Hoppus on vocals. The version of "My Hotel Year" that appears on this EP is the electric version and contains an extra verse at the end. The version that ended up on Blue Skies was acoustic and shortened.
- "San Dimas High School Football Rules" - 2:45
- "Not a Worry in the World" - 2:22
- "My So Called Life" - 2:41
- "My Hotel Year" - 2:18
- "Between You and Me" - 2:36
- "That Special Girl" - 1:55 (featuring Mark Hoppus)
- Back up vocals were provided by Mark Hoppus and Chad Price.
- Tracks 2, 3, 4, and 6 were recorded and mixed at The Blasting Room in Fort Collins, CO on September 14th-18th, 1998. They were produced and engineered by Bill Stevenson and Stephen Egerton and mixed by Jason Livermore.
- Tracks 1 and 5 were recorded at Orange Whip Studios in Santa Barbara, CA. They were produced by Joey Cape and engineered by Angus Cooke.
- The song "My So Called Life" was written by Kris because he had a crush on Claire Danes. He also later wrote a song entitled "Ben Lee", which was about Claire's boyfriend of the same name and how much Kris hated him.
- The song "My Hotel Year" was inspired by the book "Life After God" by Douglas Coupland.