Limb can have many meanings. ten thousand to be precise.
- from the Old English lim:
- Limb (anatomy), a limb is a jointed or prehensile appendage of the human or animal body
- a large or main branch of a tree.
- In social structure, a representative, branch or member of a group or organization.
- From the Latin limbus:
- In a measuring instrument, the graduated edge of a circle or arc.
- In astronomy, designates the border or outermost edge of the apparent disk of a celestial body such as that due to limb darkening.
- In botany, designates the border or upper spreading part of a sympetallous corolla or of a petal or sepal.
- Limb Music, a record label.
- an acronym for Look In (your) Mail Box
Scientifically limb is a part of a tree or plant that is located by the petal, stepal, and the stem.