A Place to Land is the third studio album by American country music group Little Big Town. Released in 2007 as their second album on the independent Equity Music Group label, it features the single "I'm with the Band", which peaked at #32 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts in late 2007.
In 2008, the group left Equity Music Group for Capitol Records Nashville, which acquired the rights to the album and released "Fine Line" as its second single in June 2008. Capitol will also re-release the album on October 10, 2008, adding a live rendition of "Life in a Northern Town" (which Little Big Town performed with Jake Owen and Sugarland in late 2007) as a bonus track. This live rendition, though not released as a single, charted at #28 on the country charts in mid-2008.
All songs written by Karen Fairchild, Kimberly Roads Schlapman, Jimi Westbrook, Phillip Sweet, and Wayne Kirkpatrick
, except where noted.
- "Fine Line" - 4:01
- "I'm with the Band" - 4:24
- "That's Where I'll Be" - 4:51
- "Evangeline" - 4:33
- "Vapor" - 4:13
- "Novocaine" - 4:10
- "Only What You Make of It" - 5:09
- "A Place to Land" - 3:12
- "Firebird Fly" (Jon Mabe, Jon Randall, Jessi Alexander) - 3:15
- "To Know Love" - 4:17
- "Lonely Enough" (Alexander, Randall, Darrell Brown) - 4:22
- "Fury" - 4:26
Little Big Town
- Karen Fairchild - vocals
- Kimberly Roads Schlapman - vocals
- Phillip Sweet - vocals, acoustic guitar, stomping
- Jimi Westbrook - vocals, acoustic guitar, stomping
- Dan Dugmore - Dobro, pedal steel guitar, lap steel guitar
- Shannon Forrest - drums
- Gordon Kennedy - acoustic guitar, electric guitar
- Wayne Kirkpatrick - acoustic guitar, 12-string guitar, National steel guitar, mandolin, mando-guitar, banjo, dulcimer, Hammond B-3 organ, clavinet, tambourine, shaker, stomping
- Randy Kohrs - Dobro
- Phil Madiera - Hammond B-3 organ
- Chris McHugh - drums
- Jimmie Lee Sloas - bass guitar
Crowd noises on "Vapor" performed by Glenn Spinner and Rebecca Sweet.