Kolpino (Ко́лпино) is a municipal city in Kolpinsky District of the federal city of St. Petersburg, Russia, located on the Izhora River (Neva's tributary) some 26 km southeast of St. Petersburg. Population: 136,632 (2002 Census); 81,000 (1972); 8,076 (1897).
Kolpino was founded in the early 18th century and was granted town status in 1912. It used to be one of the chief ironworks of the crown in Russia. Kolpino was also home to an iron foundry of the Russian Admiralty. A sacred image of St. Nicholas in the Trinity Church is visited by numerous pilgrims on the 22nd of May every year.
Many people of Kolpino work at Izhorsky Zavod.