The word keying
has a number of meanings:
- Junk Keying - Chinese type of ship
- keying (cryptography) is the installation of key material into a device.
- keying (telecommunications) is a form of modulation where the modulating signal takes one of two or more values at all times. For example: "on" or "off", "mark" or "space". The name derives from the Morse code key used for telegraph signalling.
- keying (graphics) is an informal term for compositing two full frame images together, by discriminating the visual information into values of color and light.
- using a key to scratch the paint on car as a form of vandalism.
- keying (social theory) is the set of conventions by which a framed activity (a fight) is transformed into something patterned on this activity, but seen by participants as something quite different (play).
- keying (interpreting)