is a city
located in Fukuoka
As of October 1, 2007, the city has an estimated population of 38,374 and the density of 1,140 persons per km². The total area is 33.61 km².
The city was founded on April 1, 1954. The name means 'big river'.
Ōkawa is located in southern Fukuoka Prefecture
next to the border with Saga Prefecture
. The Chikugo River
flows from northeast to southwest through the city, which is relatively flat. At the centre of Ōkawa, the Hanamune River
flows into the Chikugo River as a tributary