The term justify has many meanings:
- To validate one's statement with positive evidence. See justification.
- Justification in typesetting, i.e., to align text horizontally or vertically so that the first and last characters of every line, or the first and last line of the text, are aligned with their corresponding margins.
- In telecommunication, the term justify has the following meanings:
- To shift the contents of a register or a field so that the significant character at the specified end of the data is at a particular position.
- To align data on a designated character position.
- In music: