John Charles Montagu-Douglas-Scott, 7th Duke of Buccleuch and 9th Duke of Queensberry KT GCVO
(30 March 1864
– 19 October 1935
) was a Scottish Member of Parliament
(MP) and peer
John was born in 1864, the son of William Montagu-Douglas-Scott, 6th Duke of Buccleuch and Lady Louisa Jane Hamilton. On January 30 1893, he married Lady Margaret Bridgeman, daughter of the 4th Earl of Bradford and they had eight children:
- Lady Margaret Ida Montagu-Douglas-Scott (1893 - 1976), married Admiral Sir Geoffrey Hawkins (born 1895).
- Walter John Montagu-Douglas-Scott, 8th Duke of Buccleuch (1894–1973)
- Lord William Walter Montagu-Douglas-Scott (1896–1958), married Lady Rachel Douglas-Home (daughter of Charles Douglas-Home, 13th Earl of Home) and had issue.
- Lady Sybil Anne Montagu-Douglas-Scott (1899–1990), married Charles Phipps and had issue.
- Lady Alice Christabel Montagu-Douglas-Scott (1901–2004), married Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester and had issue.
- Lady Mary Theresa Montagu-Douglas-Scott (1904–1984), married David Cecil, 6th Marquess of Exeter and had issue.
- Lady Angela Christine Rose Montagu-Douglas-Scott (b. 26 December 1906- d. 28 September 2000), married Vice-Admiral Sir Peter Dawnay and had issue.
- Lord George Francis John Montagu-Douglas-Scott (b. 8 July 1911- d. 8 June 1999), married Mary Bishop and had issue.
John was MP for Roxburghshire from 1895 to 1906.