is a modern, shortened form of the male name Jacob
Individuals named Jake include:
- Jake Arnott, British novelist
- Jake Gyllenhaal, actor
- Jake Humphrey, children's and football presenter
- Jake LaMotta, former world middleweight champion boxer who was later portrayed by Robert De Niro in the 1980 film Raging Bull
- Jake Locker, 2007 starting quarterback for the Washington Huskies
- Jake Long, an offensive tackle for the college football Michigan Wolverines
- Jake Peavy, a National League pitcher for the San Diego Padres
- Jake Plummer, a National Football League quarterback
- Jake "the Snake" Roberts, a professional wrestler
- Jake T. Austin, child actor
Fictional characters named Jake include:
- Jake Featherston, Hitler-like dictator in Harry Turtledove's Timeline-191 series.
- American Dragon: Jake Long, title character in an animated television series which airs on Disney Channel
- Jake, a video game character in the Ape Escape series
- Jake, a pet dog of Betty Spaghetty
- Jake, the main character dog in the game Dog's Life
- Jake Fischer, a character played by Ashton Kutcher in the film The Guardian.
- Jake 2.0, title character in a science fiction television series that aired from 2003 to 2004 on UPN
- Jake Berenson, a character from the Animorphs book series by K. A. Applegate
- Jake Spidermonkey, a main character in My Gym Partner's a Monkey
- J.J. "Jake" Gittes, the cop turned detective and main character in Roman Polanski's 1974 film Chinatown
- Jake Blues, lead vocalist of The Blues Brothers Band and one of the main characters in The Blues Brothers film
- Jake Chambers, a boy and one of the main characters in Stephen King's The Dark Tower series.
Jake may also refer to:
- "The Jake," the former nickname of the Major League Baseball stadium once known as Jacobs Field, now Progressive Field
- Jake brake, a particular brand of engine brake
- Jake, a slang term in the United States for Jamaican ginger extract.
- Jake leg, Jake walk; partial paralysis of the limbs, caused by an adulterant, tricresyl phosphate added to Jamaican ginger during Prohibition
- Jake, a slang term in Scotland for someone uncouth
- Jake, a slang term of high praise for a fireman or a police officer
- Jake, a slang term used in Discordianism to describe a prank, often celebrated on Jake Day
- Jake / Bot2, one of the ROVs used during the filming of the documentary Ghosts of the Abyss
- Jake, jazz era slang meaning "great", as in "everything's jake" or "it's all jake."
- Jake, baseball slang meaning a lazy player or a half-hearted effort, i.e. "He jaked that play."
- Jake the Alligator Man, an oddity on view in Long Beach, Washington
- Less Than Jake, a ska punk band
- Jake, a slang term in England for rough cider
- The Japanese World War 2 reconnaissance floatplane, the Aichi E13A, Allied reporting name "Jake"