is a Brazilian
city of the state of São Paulo
, located 491 kilometers from the capital of São Paulo capital. The population in 2000 was 6,424 inhabitants.
History of Jaborandi
The name Jaborandi comes from the enormous amount of the plant Pilocarpus Jaborandi Holmes popularly known as jaborandi that existed in the edges of where the place is founded.
The population of the edges of Jaborandi founded in 1902 when Major Gabriel Diniz de Carvalho Franco took care of the order of Gabriel Diniz Junqueira and donated about thirty related with Arcanjo Gabriel, the engineer contractor to the city plan was Senhor Mastrelo, from Barretos.
In December 26, 1924 the district of Paz de Jaborandi was created, later in December 14, 1925 it became incorporated with Colina, in December 24, 1948 it became locally independent from Colina, in March 26, 1949, Orlando Junqueira de Oliveira became municipal executive.
Located in the northern part of the state, Jaborandi is 491 km from the city of São Paulo, the bordering munícipalities are Barretos, Morro Agudo, Terra Roxa and Colina. Its altitude is 493 meters and its geographic position:
- Latitude: 21.85/20°41'17" S
- Longitude: 48.1/48°24'45" W
Geography and climate
Its territorial area of 254 km², fertile lands (dark red), less flat, bathed for Rio Pardo, Ribeirão das Palmeiras and diverse streams.
Its climate is predominantly tropical, with low average temperature of 12°C (period of July-August) and maximum average of 30°C (period of January-February).
Here are mayors of Jaborandi:
- March 26, 1949 - March 26, 1953 - Orlando Junqueira de Oliveira
- March 27, 1953 - March 26, 1953 - Dr. Amadeu Pagliuso
- March 27, 1957 - March 26, 1957 - Luiz Ferreira
- March 27, 1961 - March 26, 1965 - Antônio Bruno
- March 27, 1965 - March 26, 1969 - Luiz Ferreira (re-elected)
- March 27, 1969 - January 30, 1973 - João Manuel Diniz Junqueira
- January 31, 1973 - Januaty 31, 1977 - Luiz Ferreira (re-elected)
- February 2, 1977 - January 31, 1983 - João Manuel Diniz Junqueira (re-elected)
- February 2, 1983 - December 31, 1988 - José Baltazar dos Santos
- January 1, 1989 - December 31, 1992 - João Paulo Pires da Silva
- January 1, 1993 - December 12, 1996 - Silvio Vaz de Almeida
- January 1, 1997 - December 31, 2000 - Jorge Assad Chabrour
- January 1, 2001 - December 31, 2004 - Ronan Sales Cardozo
- January 1, 2005 - December 31, 2008 - Marcoantonio Pinto Neto