- For other uses of J.B.O., see JBO.
J.B.O. (James Blast Orchester) is a Fun metal band from Erlangen, Germany. It was founded in 1989 and is known for parodies of rock and pop songs. The band has written more of its own songs since 2000, but continues to produce parodies, which they refer to as Blöedsinn – an intentional misspelling of "Blödsinn," which means "nonsense" or "stupidity" in German).
The original name was "James Blast Orchester" but they shortened this to J.B.O. in June 1996 after James Last threatened legal action.
The Patrizier brewery of Nuremberg earlier successfully sued J.B.O. for slander. The band have since changed references to "Patrizier Bier" in their lyrics to "Pariser Bier" (Parisian beer / Condom beer).
'Schmitti' and Holmer "a bier" Graap, two of the founder members, left the band in 2000. They were replaced in 2001 by Ralph Bach and Wolfram Kellner. Kellner previously played in Fiddler's Green, which is aluded to in the song "Arschloch und Spaß dabei" ('Asshole and enjoying it') : "man sagt sogar, dass Wolfram früher Folk-Musik g'macht hätt" ("They even say that Wolfram used to play folk music") .
The Kitzmann brewery of Erlangen supports the band with gimmick products, and has featured in the band's lyrics.
The band celebrated its fifteenth birthday on July 31st 2004 with the slogan "30 Halbe!" ("30 halves" = 30 half-litre glasses of beer)
The band still tours, especially in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- "Angie" = Rolling Stones, "Angie"
- "Arschloch und Spaß dabei" (Asshole and enjoying it) = Bloodhound Gang, "Fire, Water, Burn"
- "Diggin' the Nose (Hier bohrt der Boss noch selbst)" = Bruce Springsteen, "Born in the U.S.A."
- "Ein bisschen Frieden" (A Little Peace) = Nicole, "Ein bisschen Frieden" (same lyrics, but with a Rammstein-like voice)
- "Ein Fest" (A Party) = Village People, "Go West"
- "Eins, Zwei, Drei" (One, Two, Three) = Ricky Martin, "María"
- "Ejaculatio praecox" = Nirvana, "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
- "Frauen" (Women) = Herbert Grönemeyer, "Männer" (Men)
- "Gimme Dope Joanna" = Eddy Grant, "Gimme Hope Joanna"
- "Girls, Girls, Girls" = Sailor, "Girls, Girls, Girls"
- "Head Bang Boing" = Manu Chao, "Bongo Bong"
- "Ich glaube du liebst mich nicht mehr" (I believe, you don't love me anymore) = "Weird Al" Yankovic, "You Don't Love Me Anymore"
- "Ich möcht so gerne Metal hör'n" (I wanna listen to metal) = Truck Stop, "Ich möcht so gern Dave Dudley hör'n" (I wanna listen to Dave Dudley)
- "Ich vermisse meine Hölle" (I miss my Hell) = Zlatko, "Ich vermiss dich wie die Hölle" (I miss you like hell)
- "Im Verkehr" (In the Traffic) = Johnny Wakelin, "In Zaire"
- "Koa Alde, koa G'schrei" (No old lady, no shouting) = Bob Marley, "No Woman No Cry"
- "Könige" (Kings) = Rio Reiser, "König von Deutschland" (King of Germany)
- "Mei Alde is im Playboy drin" (My old lady is in Playboy) = J. Geils Band, "Centerfold"
- "Mir staddn 'etz die Feier" (Now we're getting the party started) = Billy Joel, "We Didn't Start the Fire"
- "Musiker" (Musician) = Harpo, "Movie Star"
- "Oaargh!" = Wir sind Helden, "Nur ein Wort"
- "Osama" = Toto, "Rosanna"
- "Pabbarotti & Friends: Roots Bloody Roots" = Sepultura, "Roots Bloody Roots" (same lyrics, but parts of the singing replaced by a tenor-like voice)
- "Rache!" (Revenge!) = The Commodores, "Nightshift"
- "Raining Blood" = Slayer, "Raining Blood" (melody) + Weather Girls, "It's Raining Men" (lyrics)
- "Rauch auf'm Wasser" (Smoke on the Water) = Deep Purple, "Smoke on the Water"
- "Schlaf, Kindlein, schlaf" (Sleep, little child, sleep) = Metallica, "Enter Sandman"
- "Symphonie der Verstopfung" (Symphony of constipation) = Megadeth, "Symphony of destruction"
- "Van Halen Harmonists: Jump" = Van Halen, "Jump" (A cappella version)
- "Walk with an Erection" = The Bangles, "Walk like an Egyptian"
- "Wir ham' ne Party" (We're having a party) = Backstreet Boys, "Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"
- "Wir sind die Champignons" (We Are the Mushrooms) = Queen, "We Are the Champions"
- 2007: Head Bang Boing
- 2006: Rock Muzik
- 2005: J.B.O. für Anfänger (J.B.O. for beginners, Best of"-Compilation, Lawine/SonyBMG)
- 2005: TV Blöedsinn - DVD (TV nonsense, also a pun on German TV magazine TV Spielfilm, Lawine/SonyBMG)
- 2005: Eine gute BLASTphemie zum Kaufen! (A good blastphemy to buy!, Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 2004: United States of Blöedsinn (United States of Nonsense, Lawine/BMG)
- 2004: Gänseblümchen (Sissy, Lawine/BMG)
- 2002: Rosa Armee Fraktion (Pink Army Faction, a pun on Rote Armee Fraktion [Red Army Faction], Lawine/Virgin)
- 2002: Ich will Lärm (I want noise, Lawine/Virgin)
- 2001: Live-Sex (Lawine/Virgin)
- 2001: Bums Bums Bums Bums (Lawine/Virgin)
- 2000: Sex Sex Sex (Lawine/Virgin)
- 2000: Ich sag' J.B.O. (I say J.B.O., Lawine/Virgin)
- 1999: 10 Jahre Blödsinn - Das J.B.O. Home-Video (10 years of nonsense - The J.B.O. home video, Capriola/EFA)
- 1998: Meister der Musik (Masters of music, Lawine/BMG)
- 1998: Ällabätsch (Lawine/BMG)
- 1998: ...und Spaß dabei! Der ultimative Partysampler (...and fun too! The ultimate party sampler, Lawine/BMG)
- 1997: Wir sind die Champignons (We are the Mushrooms, Lawine/BMG)
- 1997: laut! (loud!, Lawine/BMG)
- 1997: Bolle (Lawine/BMG)
- 1996: Die Megra-Hit-Twingle (Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 1996: Der weiße Hai im Dechsendorfer Weiher (The Great White shark in the Dechsendorfer Weiher, Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 1996: No Business Like Shoebusiness (Doc Martens Records/EFA)
- 1995: Explizite Lyrik (Explicit lyrics, Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 1994: BLASTphemie Weihnachts-Edition (Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 1994: BLASTphemie (Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 1994: Eine gute CD zum Saufen! (A good CD to drink!, Musical Tragedies/EFA)
- 1994: Eine gute CD zum Kaufen! (A good CD to buy!, Musical Tragedies/EFA)