is the usual abbreviation for Internet Protocol
. It is also a common abbreviation for different things in different fields.
IP may refer to:
Science and technology
- IP Code, (International Protection) an international standard rating for the protection of electrical equipment against accidental contact and the ingress of dust and water.
- Insolvency practitioner, a specialist in formal insolvency cases
- Intellectual property, an umbrella term for various legal entitlements which attach to certain names, written and recorded media, and inventions
- Imperial Police, the former name of the Indian Police Service in British India
- injured person, abbreviation used by police in England and Wales