Inter-Varsity Christian Fellowship of Canada
, or IVCF Canada
, is a Christian organization which ministers to youth and university students through a variety of ministries, including Pioneer Camps of Canada
, high school, college and university ministries such as Acadia Christian Fellowship
or ACF. IVCF Canada is a member organization of the International Fellowship of Evangelical Students
Ms. Geri Rodman is the current president. The organizational centre is in Toronto.
In 1928 Norman Grubb
reported to the Inter-Varsity Fellowship (IVF) in Britain of the spiritual decay happening at Canadian universities. In response, IVF sent Dr. Howard Guinness
to Canada to help start evangelical student work at the universities. For fourteen months Guinness traveled across Canada, meeting with students at the universities and providing them with a model of daily prayer meet ups and weekly Bible study. Guinness also promoted training leaders in high schools and camps.
IVCF Canada was officially organized in late 1929. In 1934 Stacey Woods became the new general secretary of IVCF Canada and in 1938 he helped establish the first IVCF chapters in the United States.
- A Brief History Of The International Fellowship Of Evangelical Students by Douglas Johnson, Lausanne, Switz.: IFES, 1964.
- The Day of His Power by Pete Lowman, Leicester : Inter-Varsity, 1988, ISBN 0-85110-794-X.
- From the Campus to the World: Stories from the First Fifty Years of Student Foreign Missions Fellowship by Alice Poynor, InterVarsity Press, 1986, ISBN 0-87784-947-1.
- Student Power in World Missions by David M. Howard, InterVarsity Press, 1979, ISBN 0-87784-493-3. (Brief history of North American students in mission beginning with the Haystack Movement through the SVM to the SFMF.)
- The Growth of a Work of God by C. Stacey Woods, InterVarsity Press, 1978, ISBN 0-87784-741-X. (Early history of InterVarsity/USA)
- For Christ and the University: The Story of InterVarsity Christian Fellowship of the U.S.A./ 1940-1990 by Keith & Gladys Hunt, InterVarsity Press, 1991, ISBN 0-8308-4996-3.