Hansville is an unincorporated community in Kitsap County, Washington, United States. Located at the northern end of the Kitsap Peninsula, it offers a view of Admiralty Inlet, Whidbey Island, and Puget Sound. Hansville is about 2.5 miles east-southeast of Foulweather Bluff.
The village has a store and waterfront parks. Hansville Community Church (non-denominational), founded in 1945 by Everett Grout, offers Sunday worship.
Hansville is best known for its long-established lighthouse, located at Point No Point County Park, just one half-mile from downtown Hansville. Point No Point is so named because early sailors coming from the Pacific Ocean toward Seattle could not see the point projecting from the shoreline, coining the phrase, "That is no point."
In April 1879, Francis James, the owner of the property where the lighthouse was to be located agreed to sell forty acres on the point for $1,000. Construction started quickly after the purchase. The lighthouse was completed and fully functional in February 1880. Soon after it’s completion settlers started to move into the highlands northwest of the lighthouse. Hans Zachariasen was one of the first settlers and for whom Hansville is named.
This rural community enjoys some of the area's lowest rainfall totals, making it an ideal outdoor recreation site. During the fishing season, many purse seiners operate just off the beach in the Hansville area.
An active group promoting the protection and preservation of Hansville's natural character is the Hansville Greenway Association.
Part of Hansville is a subdivision called Driftwood Key, built around a private marina in Coon Bay, which opens to Hood Canal just south of Foulweather Bluff. The community association, known as the Driftwood Key Club provides members with access to the marina, a boat launch, a pool and a clubhouse.