The Association for Information and Image Management
) is an international industry association focused on enterprise content management
(ECM). AIIM defines ECM as "the technologies used to capture, manage, store, preserve, and deliver content and documents related to organizational processes."
AIIM is the international authority on Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Electronic Records Management (ERM). It focuses on the technologies used to capture, manage, store, preserve, and deliver content and documents related to organizational processes. ECM enables four key business drivers: Continuity, Collaboration, Compliance, and Costs.
For over 60 years, AIIM has been the leading non-profit organization focused on helping users to understand the challenges associated with managing documents, content, records, and business processes. Today, AIIM is international in scope, independent, implementation-focused, and, as the representative of the entire ECM industry - including users, suppliers, and the channel - acts as the industry's intermediary. AIIM was founded in 1943 as the National Microfilm Association and later became the Association for Information and Image Management. AIIM is now known as AIIM - The Enterprise Content Management Association.
As a neutral and unbiased source of information, AIIM serves the needs of its members and the industry through the following activities:
Market Education - AIIM provides events and information services that help users specify, select, and deploy ECM solutions to solve organizational problems.
- AIIM Expo and Conference - Is no longer provided by AIIM, but rather from Questex. AIIM licenses its name to this show that it once owned and operated, and is a content provider.
- ECM Solutions Seminar - General and vertically focused educational seminars held in 20 cities throughout the U.S. and Canada, help educate professionals with information on the latest industry trends, key business drivers, case study examples, solutions, and more.
- IM Expo - The major educational event for the ECM industry, held in five or six locations each year across the United Kingdom.
- Info Ireland - A two-day educational event held annually in Dublin Ireland.
- AIIM Market IQs - AIIM's quarterly market research reports and webinars, that provide in-depth anlaysis and market assessments. Each IQ focuses on a specific topic such as content security, Findability and Enterpirse 2.0, and includes the results of a market survey.
- AIIM E-DOC Magazine - AIIM's bi-monthly publication for over 30,000 print and over 15,000 digital subscribers. Each issue contains intelligent articles, case studies, thought-provoking columns, and lessons-learned.
- AIIM Wednesday Webinars - Provide education on the key issues and trends affecting the industry and typically attract over 500 attendees per session.
- Focus On... - Provide studies and white papers, articles and research studies focused on Compliance, Financial Services and Healthcare industry, and Federal/State/Local Government.
Professional Development - AIIM provides an educational roadmap for the industry.
- Certificate Training Programs - AIIM's Certificate Training Programs for enterprise content management (ECM), electronic records management (ERM), business process management (BPM), and information organization & access (IOA) provide instruction on the Why?, What?, and How? of via Web-based and/or classroom courses.
Peer Networking - AIIM creates opportunities that allow, users, suppliers, consultants, and the channel to engage and connect with one another - through chapters, networking groups, programs, partnerships, and the Web.
- AIIM Chapters - A network of 39 chapters in North America providing educational and networking opportunities at the local level for AIIM members.
Industry Advocacy - AIIM acts as the voice of the ECM industry in key standards organizations, with the media, and with government decision-makers.
- AIIM Standards - AIIM is actively involved in standardization efforts with over twenty committees of volunteers. AIIM committees have authored over 80 approved ANSI Standards, and it holds the secretariat for ISO/TC 171 (Document Management Applications) and ISO/TC 171 SC2 (Document Management Applications, Application Issues).
International Board Chair
- Jan Andersson, ReadSoft AB, 2007-2008 Chair
How to Contact AIIM
- AIIM - The Enterprise Content Management Association
- 1100 Wayne Avenue, Suite 1100, Silver Spring, MD 20910, USA
- Tel: 301-587-8202 / Toll-free: 800-477-2446 / Fax: 301-587-2711
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- AIIM Europe
- 8 Canalside, Lowesmoor Wharf, Worcester WR1 2RR, UK
- Tel: +44 (0) 1905 727600 / Fax: +44 (0) 1905 727609
- Email: email@example.com
For more information about AIIM, see http://www.aiim.org/
- AIIM E-DOC Magazine: http://www.edocmagazine.com
- AIIM ON DEMAND Conference & Exposition: http://www.aiimexpo.com/
- AIIM Market Intelligence research: http://www.aiim.org/ResourceCenter/Research/Overview.aspx
- AIIM Midwest Chapter: http://www.aiimmidwest.org
- AIIM provides the leading training in the world on Enterprise Content Management, Electronic Records Management, Business Process Management, and Information Organization and Access: http://www.aiim.org/training/