Under Blackpool Lights is the only official DVD from The White Stripes.
The DVD consists of 26 tracks recorded at The Empress Ballroom at the Winter Gardens in the English seaside resort of Blackpool on January 27 and 28, 2004 and directed by Dick Carruthers. Among these tracks, there are some cover songs such as "Take a Whiff on Me" (Leadbelly), "Outlaw Blues" (Bob Dylan), "Jack the Ripper" (Screaming Lord Sutch), "Jolene" (Dolly Parton), "Death Letter" (Son House), "Goin' Back to Memphis" (Soledad Brothers), and "De Ballit of de Boll Weevil" (Leadbelly).
- "When I Hear My Name"
- "Black Math"
- "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground"
- "I Think I Smell a Rat"
- "Take a Whiff on Me"
- "Outlaw Blues"
- "Jack the Ripper"
- "Hotel Yorba"
- "Death Letter"
- "The Hardest Button to Button"
- "Truth Doesn't Make a Noise"
- "The Big Three Killed My Baby"
- "Wasting My Time"
- "You're Pretty Good Looking (For a Girl)"
- "Hello Operator"
- "Apple Blossom"
- "Ball and Biscuit"
- "Let's Shake Hands"
- "I Fought Piranhas"
- "Let's Build a Home"
- "Goin' Back to Memphis"
- "Seven Nation Army"
- "De Ballit of de Boll Weevil"
DVD Easter eggs and other oddities
There are a number of Easter eggs
on the DVD.
- On the third page of song selections, highlight the third song ("Let's Shake Hands") and press right three times on the navigation controls. It will cut to a short scene. (Remember Jack's obsession with the number 3)
- Watch the writing on Jack's arm. It switches between "Noxious" and "Obnoxious" over the course of the show. Apparently, this was Meg's joke on the director. This is possible since the film was shot over the course of two performances.
- After "Let's Shake Hands", at the 58:05 mark, you can see Jack and Meg applauding themselves. In the DVD booklet it explains Meg does not use her left hand during the performance as a hint to click right on that track.
- Wait until the end of the credits at the end of the DVD to hear Jack say in a hushed tone, "Let's split the money, fifty-fifty".
There may be other secrets or oddities in the DVD. On the band's website, Jack left a message saying, "There are so many secret things in it! I can't wait for you all to find the secrets. Sometimes you have to pay attention, you know? Like, listen really closely, or maybe some things are upside down? Always look at things from more than one angle, you know? But after you've done that, listen to your gut and shoot from the hip. If you follow your heart, you won't be sad with yourself."
Setlists from January 27
and January 28