- This article is about hotel management in practice. For academic study of hotel management, see Hospitality management studies and Hospitality industry.
A hotel manager or hotelier is a person who handles the everyday function and management of a hotel. Larger hotels often have management teams, instead of individual managers, where each member of the group begins to specialize on a certain area of interest.
Some of the responsibilities of a hotel manager include:
- organizing and directing the hotel's services
- controlling budget and formulating financial plans
- promoting the business
- archiving profits and expenses
- meeting with customers, contractors and suppliers
- hiring, training, reviewing and overseeing staff members
- attending to problems or customer complaints and comments
- addressing maintenance and upkeep
- seeing to accommodations
- meeting safety, health and licensing regulations