Following is a list of companies operating nursing homes in the U.S.
- The Anderson Healthcare - Operates Nursing Homes in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Benedictine Health System - a non-profit, Catholic-based long-term care organization headquartered in Minnesota, with more than 40 facilities Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri, Wisconsin, and Illinois.
- Ecumen senior housing and aging services solutions in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota and beyond
- Emeritus Assisted Living - based in Seattle, Washington
- Eskaton based in Sacramento, CA.
- Garden Spot Village, Inc. based in New Holland, Pennsylvania.
- Home Quality Management - based in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
- Kindred Healthcare - operates healthcare centers and skilled rehabilitation centers as well as LTAC hospitals.
- Nexion Healthcare, Inc. - Based in Maryland.
- Nursing Home Info - Directory of Nursing Homes in the U.S.
- Northern California Presbyterian Homes & Services based in San Francisco, CA.
- Pacific Retirement Services based in Medford, OR.
- Sava Senior Care - Based in Atlanta, GA
- Skilled Healthcare, LLC - provides management services for Assisted Living centers and Skilled Nursing facilities in Texas, Missouri, Kansas, Nevada, California and New Mexico.
- Senior Living Properties, Inc. - Manages 47 nursing facilities and 1 Assisted Living facility (all in Texas).
- Southern California Presbyterian Homes based in Glendale, CA.
- HCR Manor Care
- Genesis HealthCare Corporation - operates approximately 200 skilled nursing facilities; company headquarters in Kennett Square, PA
- Delta Health Group - operates 43 nursing facilities in three states, Florida, Mississippi and Alabama; based in Pensacola, FL
- ABCM Corporation -operates/manages 31 skilled nursing homes and rehabilitation centers in Iowa; company headquarters in Hampton, Iowa. Also owns and manages multiple assisted and independent living centers.
In June 2005, Provider magazine published a ranked list of the Top 50 Nursing Facility Chains in the U.S., listed below: