In 1920 the regiment was named The Fort Garry Horse in order to perpetuate The Fort Garry Horse of the CEF. In 1936 the regiment absorbed The Manitoba Horse.
After the war, in 1946, the regiment was reconstituted in the militia.
In 1949 the regiment was renamed The Fort Garry Horse (10th Armoured Regiment). In 1958 the regiment was split into the 1st Fort Garry Horse (in the Regular Force) and the 2nd Fort Garry Horse (in the Militia). In 1970 the Regular Force component was disbanded.
In 2003, the regiment began hosting personnel to helped create a new unit of the Canadian Military Engineers. It is planned that these personnel will eventually form 31 Engineer Squadron. The engineers in this unit have the distinction of being the only reservist in Canada to wear the black beret of the Armoured Corps with the cap badge of the Canadian Military Engineers. This has lead to some confusion for Engineers outside of the unit from time to time.
Polar Bears put pressure to good use ; Bowdoin's defense holds the fort until the offense comes alive in a victory over Salve Regina.
Mar 07, 2004; TOM CHARD Staff Writer Portland Press Herald (Maine) 03-07-2004 Polar Bears put pressure to good use ; Bowdoin's defense holds...