is an open source microblogging
tool written in PHP
that implements the OpenMicroBlogging
standard. Laconica was created as an open source, distributed alternative to Twitter
, and was originally used by the identi.ca
The current release of Laconica has a basic microblog feature set, and new features will likely be added rapidly.
- Updates using a Jabber or Gtalk client, and probably any other XMPP client
- OpenID authentication
- Supports Federation, which provides the ability to subscribe to notices by users on a remote service through the OpenMicroBlogging protocol
- SMS updates and notifications
- A Twitter-compatible API
- Multilingual interface (using Gettext)
Upcoming priority features:
- More Ajax-y interface
- Cross-posting to Twitter, Pownce, Jaiku, etc.
- Pull messages from Twitter, Pownce, Jaiku, etc.
- Facebook integration
- Image, video, and audio notices
- Automatic URL-shortening