For Him Who Has Ears To Hear
is the debut release by piano
singer Keith Green
, It was released on May 20
. The album photography was taken by Garry Heery with help from Max Blanc in the way of art direction.
Making of the Album
The album was produced by Bill Maxwell (who played drums as well as other minor instruments on the album) at Studio 55 and was engineered by Larry Emerine, Wally Duguid, Al Perkins and Gordon Shryock.
The complete album was recorded under a 'live' scenario, in that all instruments were recorded together at one single time instead of doing each instrument separately and mixing it together; this was unusual for the time with the technology that was available.
- "You Put This Love In My Heart" (Keith Green) – 3:30
- "I Can't Believe It!" (Keith & Melody Green) – 3:40
- "Because Of You" (Keith Green) – 2:55
- "When I Hear The Praises Start" (Keith & Melody Green) – 4:26
- "He'll Take Care Of The Rest" (Keith Green & Burton) – 4:00
- "Your Love Broke Through" (Keith Green, Fishkind, Stonehill) – 3:29
- "No One Believes In Me Anymore" (Keith & Melody Green) – 3:21
- "Song To My Parents (I Only Want to See You There)" (Keith Green) – 4:06
- "Trials Turned To Gold" (Keith Green) – 3:27
- "Easter Song" (Herring with additional verse by Keith Green) – 3:57
- Every song features Keith Green on lead vocals
- Bill Maxwell - Drums
- Todd Fishkind - Bass
- Keith Green - Piano, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals (bckgr)
- Mike Deasy - Guitar
- Gary Denton - Guitar
- Dean Parks - Guitar
- Kenny Kotwitz - Accordion
- Harlan Rogers - Organ
- James Felix - Vocals (bckgr)
- According to the biography Melody Green wrote of her late husband—No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green (Harvest House Publishers, 1989; revised and expanded in 2000; also on the Compact Disc version of The Ministry Years, Volume Two album), when Bob Dylan was in the studio recording his harmonica part on Green's third album—So You Wanna Go Back To Egypt—he confided to her that For Him Who Has Ears to Hear was his favorite album of all-time.
- The album's title derives from a frequent saying of Jesus, exhorting his followers to heed his teaching: "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!" (e.g., Mark 4:9, NIV)
- The album was listed at #5 in the 2001 book, CCM Presents: The 100 Greatest Albums in Christian Music.
- "I Can't Believe It!" was covered by Charlie Peacock in 1993 for the No Compromise: Remembering the Music of Keith Green tribute album.
- The following songs from FHWHETH were covered in 2001 for the Start Right Here: Remembering the Life of Keith Green tribute album.
- "Your Love Broke Through" has also been recorded by Russ Taff, Phil Keaggy, Australian-American Marcia Hines (in 1976), Rebecca St. James, and co-author Randy Stonehill, among others.