Hostage Life's first LP, following the 2002 release of their EP, Sing for the Enemy, Walking Papers has not only received positive attention from across Canada, but has also spawned the single "This Song Was Written By A Committee", which has already seen extensive radio play on Toronto's popular CFNY radio station.
The album is notable for having at least two names for each track, and having the linear notes improperly inserted on the first pressing, leaving the cover art on another page.
The band shot videos for two tracks off this album, "Sons Of Hostage Life or This Name Tag Reads 'Fuck You'" and "This Song Was Written By A Committee or We Simply Feed These Figures Into The Melodiotron And Voila, An Instant Hit" . The videos were put on high rotation on MuchMusic, but had the song names shortened.
- "We Will Make You Crawl or Just Pretend That Your Lips Are Stitched, And Let Us Do The Thinking" – 0:56
- "Sons Of Hostage Life or This Name Tag Reads "Fuck You"" – 2:17
- "This Song Was Written By Committee or We Simply Feed These Figures Into The Melodiotron And, Voila, An Instant Hit" – 2:32
- "Hostage Life's Legally Distinct Cola Commercial or You're Stupid And You're Gross But If You Drink This Someone Might Actually Love You" – 0:53
- "The Last Superman or Fall of The Ubermensch" – 1:43
- "Securing My Seat (On The Hostage Life Board Of Directors) or "Is That Blood On Your Collar?" "No, It's Lipstick, I Swear"" – 4:57
- "How To Die With A Smile i) Determine Whether Or Not You Wish To Depart ii) Set Date iii) Find An Exit Buddy" – 3:16
- "The Quietest Mutiny or Dear Leader" – 2:52
- "Hostage Life Are Fucking Alive And Well or Paul Miller's Armada Featuring Eric Gaudet or Hostage Life Are Fucking (Un)Dead or Hostage Life Are Fucking (The) Dead" – 2:42
- "Fuck, I Hope You're Not Pregnant or Hey, So You Think A Vasectomy Is Covered By My Health Insurance?" – 2:43
- "Of Shotguns And Pleasure Wands or A Sincere Tip Of The Hat To That Cocksucker Lenny Bruce" – 0:35
- "Carbon Heart Radio or $80 Haircut" – 3:09
- "When I Get Cancer or Fuck It, Just Cut Out All The Parts Of Me That Have Stopped Working" – 3:19
- "Hell Awaits Hostage Life or The Virgin Mary's Immaculate DP" – 5:24
(Singles are in bold lettering)